Microsoft has recently dropped a new KB5017383 update. It is now available for users with the Windows 11 original version. It brings quite a long list of improvements and fixes. However, some unlucky users are happy with this new update as they cannot update it on their Windows 11 due to some issues. According to multiple reports, the new update installing process starts as normal, but then it fails to install, or the system crashes while installing the update. If the same thing happens to you as well, check out this guide and learn how you can fix it with some simple steps.
Fixing Update KB5017383 Not Installing on Windows 11
Typically, the new update KB5017383 fails to install on your Windows 11, where there are problems with the computer system or some files. But don’t worry. Here we have covered various potential solutions to fix the issue.
1. Run the Update Troubleshooter
One of the first methods to fix the update KB5017383 is not installing on Windows 11 is to run the update troubleshooter. Here is how you can do it:
– Open up Start menu >> Settings >> System >> Troubleshooter >> Other troubleshooters >> lastly select Windows Update.
– And then, try to install the new update, and you will be able to do it without any trouble.
2. Reset Background Intelligent Transfer Service
If the above methods don’t work, try restarting the Background Intelligent Transfer service. To do that:
– Open up Services window >> right-click on the “Background Intelligent Transfer” service and then select “Properties.”
– In the newly opened screen, set “Startup type” as Automatic and Service status as Running. Click on the Restart option from the top left side of the screen.
– Lastly, save the changes and install the update again.
3. Reset Windows Update Component
The next solution includes resetting your Windows update component; it will fix the new update KB5017383 installation issue on your Windows 11. For this:
– Open up the search box, type “cmd,” and open up Command Prompt. And type or paste the following commands and then press “Enter.”
SC config trustedinstaller start=auto
net stop bits
net stop wuauserv
net stop msiserver
net stop cryptsvc
net stop appidsvc
Ren %Systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren %Systemroot%\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
regsvr32.exe /s atl.dll
regsvr32.exe /s urlmon.dl
regsvr32.exe /s mshtml.dll
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset proxy
rundll32.exe pnpclean.dll,RunDLL_PnpClean /DRIVERS /MAXCLEAN
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /ScanHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth
dism /Online /Cleanup-image /StartComponentCleanup
net start bits
net start wuauserv
net start msiserver
net start cryptsvc
net start appidsvc
Lastly, start installing new updates on your system and check whether or not you can download and install the new update.
4. Use Microsoft Update Catalog
If you’re still unable to update KB5017383 on Windows 11 automatically, the next method is to get it manually. For this:
– Open up the Microsoft Update Catalog site >> Type “KB5017383” in the search box and then press “Enter.”
– Next, download the suitable file on the system and check if the problem persists.
5. Install Windows 11 Media Creation Tool
The Windows 11 Media Creation tool can often fix various issues after installation. For this:
– Open up the Windows 11 Media Creation tool website. Then click on Download Now under Create Windows 11 Installation Media and install it on the system.
– Once it is done, start the installation process again.
6. Install Windows Installation Assistant Tool
If nothing works, your last resort is to install a Windows installation assistant tool. This method is quick and very easy. Here you need to simply install the Windows Installation Assistant tool and try to install the new update. To do that:
– Open up Windows 11 Installation Assistant tool site >> Click on the Download Now and install it on the system.
– Once it is done, try to install the latest update KB5017383, on Windows 11.
That’s all – we have covered all possible solutions to fix update KB5017383 not installing on Windows 11. Many players have resolved the issue using one of these methods, so give it a try!
Read more: Windows 10 KB5016688 update not installing fix.