Tekken 8 – The latest fighting game developed by Bandai Namco Studios is out now on PS5, PC, and Xbox Series X|S. Despite the game offering a thrilling experience, some bugs and errors hinder the overall gaming experience. One of the recent errors reported by many Tekken 8 gamers is the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.
This particular error appears out of nowhere, causing the game to crash. Thankfully, this error is fixable and here we will show you what steps you can take to resolve it.
Fixing Tekken 8 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED
The DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error occurs in Tekken 8 when the graphics device has been removed physically, turned off, or a driver upgrade has occurred. But worry not, go through the below steps to remove this error.
1. Update Your Graphics Drivers
First of all, make sure your graphics drivers are up-to-date. Visit the official website of your GPU manufacturer (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) and download the latest drivers for your graphics card.
2. Repair Game Files on Steam
Any missing or corrupted game files can also cause this issue and Steam has integrated features to repair such game files. For this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. Once the scanning process is done, relaunch the game and the error should be fixed now.
3. Disabling Integrated Graphics
The next workaround is to try disabling integrated graphics if you have both integrated and dedicated GPUs active. Begin by restarting your computer and accessing the BIOS setup using keys like F2, F10, Del, or Esc during bootup.
In the ‘Advanced’ or ‘Chipset’ settings, locate the option related to integrated graphics (iGPU, onboard VGA, etc.) and turn it off. Save the changes and exit the BIOS. This step might help to resolve the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED issue.
4. Reinstalling GPU Drivers
If the error persists, try reinstalling GPU drivers to eliminate conflicts and rectify any corrupted driver files. Follow these steps:
– Get the latest graphics driver for your GPU from the official manufacturer’s website.
– Utilize the ‘Add or Remove Programs’ feature in Windows to uninstall the existing graphics driver.
– Optionally, reboot your computer in Safe Mode for a more comprehensive removal process.
– Try employing a driver cleaning program to eliminate any residual components of the previous driver.
– Install the new graphics driver you downloaded.
– Complete the process by restarting your computer to apply the changes.
5. Roll Back Driver
Sometimes, new updated drivers can also cause this issue so try rolling back your drivers. Here are the steps to do this:
– Open Device Manager and locate the recently updated software.
– Right-click on the software and choose Properties.
– Go to the Driver settings and opt for the Roll Back Driver option.
– Restart the system to implement the changes.
6. Make Sure Your GPU is Not Overclocked
In case your GPU is overclocked, you might face a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED error in Tekken 8. If it is overclocked, revert to its default GPU clock and relaunch the game.
7. Disabling Shadow Play
If the issue persists, at times, it may be associated with hardware acceleration during screen recording, follow these steps to resolve it:
– Open GeForce Experience with administrator privileges.
– Go to the General tab.
– Disable the In-Game Overlay or Share features.
– Click Apply to save the changes.
– Once done, restart your computer.
8. Turn off Anti-Aliasing Feature
The next workaround we suggest is to turn off the anti-aliasing feature in the Nvidia Control Panel. Follow these steps:
– Right-click on the desktop and open the Nvidia Control Panel.
– Select “Manage 3D settings” and go to the Global Settings tab.
– Turn off the Anti-Aliasing Feature.
– Apply the changes and save the settings.
9. Reinstall the Game
If none of the above solutions work, try reinstalling Tekken 8. This can also help to remove any corrupted game files causing the issue.
10. Contact Support Team
If the problem persists even after reinstalling the game, your last resort is to reach out to Tekken 8’s support team for further assistance.
That’s all you can try fixing Tekken 8 DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED.