Steam is a very popular and the most successful video game platform in the world. This gaming client is loaded with lots of incredible hit titles and user-friendly features. Steam continues its supremacy as one of the best PC game stores on Steam Deck, laptop, and desktop.
Steam has several implausible features including a cloud save system, hours played counter, and an achievement system. But unfortunately, currently, many users are unable to see their achievements on Steam client. If you are also experiencing the same issue, in this guide, we will check what are the main reasons behind this issue and what you can do to fix this issue.
Fixing Steam Achievements Not Showing Up Issue
If your achievements are not showing up in games, it can be due to many Steam settings, game mods, certain permission issues, and clashing programs. However, in-game settings could also cause this problem. Luckily, there are a few potential workarounds you can try to fix this issue.
1. Clear Cache Data of Steam
Our first recommendation to fix the Steam achievements not showing up issue is to clear out the cache data of Steam. For this:
– First of all, launch Steam
– Click on the profile name on the top-right
– Click on “Log out of account” and then click on Logout
– Before logging into the account again, make sure to clear Steam’s data
– For that, open up the run dialogue box by pressing Win + R keys on your keyboard
– Type %localappdata% and then click on “Ok”
– Find the Steam folder. Select it and delete the whole folder (Since this folder contains cache data, deleting this folder will not harm Steam)
– Once done, launch Steam and check if the issue persists
If that doesn’t work, try the next workaround to fix the Steam achievements not showing up issue.
2. Unlock Any Achievements
This solution is provided by one of the players. In this method, you need to enter the game on Steam and unlock any achievements. When you open up that achievement, achievements you have won before will appear here. This method has worked for some players so it might work for you too.
3. Removing Installed Mods
As we have mentioned above, multiple mods installed on your system can also cause some issues and so removing installed mods is one of the best solutions to fix this issue. To do that:
– First, open up the Launcher window
– Click on the ‘Community’ tab located in the Main navigation menu
– From the drop-down option, select ‘Workshop’
– Now, click on Your Files located on the right side of the Workshop tab
– Now, click on the ‘Subscribed Items’ to open a list of mods you have subscribed to Steam Games
– To click on the ‘Unsubscribe’ button to remove all the listed mods
– Once removed, launch Steam and check if achievements are showing up in Steam now
4. Reinstalling Steam
If the above solutions don’t work, try uninstalling Steam completely and then try reinstalling it and the issue should be fixed now.
That’s all for this guide and that’s everything you can try fixing Steam achievements not showing up issue.
Also check – How to check Steam replay 2022.