You’re not alone if you’re having trouble downloading games on your PlayStation. Many users have reported issues with slow download speeds, corruption during download, and other problems that can make it difficult to get your games up and running. In this article, we’ll go over some common causes of these issues and provide some tips for fixing them.
First, let’s start with slow download speeds. Users on Reddit reported these issues in December 2022, and in the last few days, the complaints have increased. There are a few different factors that can contribute to slow downloads on your PlayStation. One of the most common causes is a poor internet connection. If you’re not getting a strong, stable connection, it can take longer for your games to download.
Corruption during download can also be a problem for PlayStation users. Users are constantly reporting about the issue for the past few weeks. This can occur for a variety of reasons, including issues with the game files themselves, problems with your hard drive, or issues with the PlayStation network.
How to Fix PS5 download or ‘corrupt download’ issues
The officials have not acknowledged these issues, but still, there are some workarounds you may try to fix the issue. Here are some Fixes.
To fix this download, you may need to troubleshoot your internet connection. This can include checking your router, modem, and any other equipment you’re using to connect to the internet. You should also make sure you’re using an Ethernet connection instead of WiFi, as this can often provide a faster and more stable connection.
Try using a single Device
If you’re sharing your internet connection with multiple devices, they could be using up bandwidth and slowing down your downloads. To fix this, you may need to limit the number of devices that are using the internet at the same time or upgrade to a faster internet plan.
Restart the console & Re-download
If you’re experiencing corruption during the download, one of the first things you should try is restarting your console and trying the download again. If this doesn’t work, you may need to delete the game files and try re-downloading them. You should also make sure your hard drive has enough free space, as this can also cause issues with downloads.
Changing your DNS settings
Changing your DNS settings can sometimes improve download speeds and fix other connectivity issues.
To change your DNS settings, follow the below steps.
- Go to the Settings page on your PlayStation.
- From the left bar, select Network.
- On the Network page, select Settings from the right side.
- This will bring up a list of available networks. Navigate to the network you’re currently using and select it.
- From the menu, select Advanced Settings. This will display the advanced settings for that network.
- In the advanced settings, select DNS Settings and set it to Manual. By default, this is set to Automatic, but manually setting the DNS can sometimes help improve download speeds and fix other connectivity issues.
- Once you enable manual DNS settings, two new fields will appear labelled Primary DNS and Secondary DNS. In these fields, you’ll need to enter the DNS addresses. We recommend using the Google DNS addresses, which are 220.127.116.11 for the Primary DNS and 18.104.22.168 for the Secondary DNS.
- After you’ve entered the DNS addresses, select OK on the right side of the screen.
- Wait for your PlayStation to conduct a network test.
With the new DNS settings in place, your PlayStation should be able to download games more smoothly. If you’re still having trouble, there may be other issues at play, such as a poor internet connection or congestion on your network. In these cases, you may need to troubleshoot your internet connection or limit the number of devices using the internet at the same time.
Updating your console
Keeping your console up to date can help fix bugs and improve performance.
Sometimes, game developers will release updates to fix bugs or improve performance. Make sure you have the latest version of the game before trying to download it.
Overall, there are a variety of factors that can cause problems with downloading games on your PlayStation. By following the tips outlined above, you should be able to fix these issues and get back to playing your favourite games.