PlayStation is definitely the next-gen console but it is often annoying when you experience some technical issues and errors in your gaming console and you are unable to enjoy your favorite games. While some PS error codes can be resolved with a few tricks and methods, the WS-38481-4 seems a tricky one as many users have already tried a few workarounds, but it has not been resolved yet. If you are encountering the same error, then go through this guide and learn how you can fix it with some quick methods. So, let’s learn how to fix the PlayStation error WS-38481-4.
Fixing PlayStation Error WS-38481-4
PlayStation error WS-38481-4 is a network-related error, and it occurs especially when you attempt to connect your console to the PS Network. However, it appears during PSN server outages and prevents users from logging into the network. Thankfully, it can be fixed with some quick workarounds.
1. Because the main reason behind error code WS-38481-4 is PSN server outages, the very first thing we suggest is to check the current. You can check the current status of the network on the official PlayStation website. In case the servers are down, the error should be fixed automatically once their services are back online.
2. If all PSN services are up and running fine and still you are running into WS-38481-4 error in PlayStation, then try restarting your console once. It is a quick remedy to fix various errors so this error should also be eliminated by restarting the device.
3. The next thing you can try is to check your internet connection and make sure that it is stable and has sufficient bandwidth to connect to the PlayStation Network. In addition, you can try resetting your modem/router and check if the error code WS-38481-4 still occurs.
4. Changing DNS settings should be your next and last resort to fix PlayStation error WS-38481-4. Sometimes, your current DNS settings prevent the game from functioning smoothly on your console. So, here are the steps to change the DNS settings.
– On the controller, press the Guide button.
– Select All Settings > Network > Network settings > Advanced settings > DNS Settings > Manual.
– Input the Google DNS addresses 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 in both the primary and secondary fields and restart the console.
That is everything we have covered here. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to fix this PlayStation error WS-38481-4 and you will be able to play your favorite game again on your console.
Here is our next guide: How to fix PlayStation store not working issue.