Using your smartphone to control your Oculus Quest 2 headset is a very simple and easy way to manage things. But it is a pretty annoying issue when both the devices don’t pair even after trying several times. This is one of the common issues and it happens with many other players as well. If you are looking for ways to fix Oculus Quest 2 not pairing to the phone issue, then you can go through all the following potential solutions one by one until the issue gets resolved.
Fixing Oculus Quest 2 Not Pairing to Phone Issue
There could be multiple reasons why you are experiencing Oculus Quest 2 not pairing to the phone issue. However, this guide will help you to resolve the matter.
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure:
– You have switched ON your headset and it is close to your mobile phone
– Your WiFi signal is strong enough
– You have entered the pairing code correctly
– Your Oculus mobile app is updated to the latest version
After making sure these points, now you can start the following troubleshooting steps:
1. Make Sure Your Mobile Phone is Compatible: First thing first, Oculus mobile app only works on Android version 5.0 or later OR Apple iOS 10 or later versions. In case your mobile phone is not compatible, then you might encounter this issue.
2. Restart Both Devices: First of all, try restarting both of your devices. This will clear the temp cache files on both devices (Phone and Headset). If some other applications are causing the issue, this method will fix the issue.
3. Make Sure Both Devices are on the Same WiFi Network: To pair, your both devices must be connected to the same WiFi network so make sure to check and fix.
4. Clear Oculus App Data: At times, the Oculus app has some bugs that prevent your devices from pairing properly. If that is the case, try clearing Oculus app data. Here are the steps:
– Go to the Settings app on your smartphone
– Tap on the Apps option
– Click on Manage Apps and you will see a list of applications
– Search for Oculus and tap on it
– Tap on Clear Data from the bottom of your screen and then confirm it
– Once done, try pairing your devices and the issue should be fixed now
5. Reinstalling Oculus App: If the above methods don’t work, try reinstalling the Oculus app and check if that makes any difference.
That’s everything you can try to fix Oculus Quest 2 not pairing to the phone issue.