CoD Modern Warfare 2 is an immensely popular first-person shooter game and on the other hand, CoD Warzone 2 is a free-to-play battle royale game. Both games are developed by the popular Infinity War. However, both games are not immune to various bugs and issues. Lately, many players report that they are running into a new error code #x41. It seems this error affects only those players who are in a full party. Thankfully, we have come across a few potential solutions to get rid of this problem.
Fix Modern Warfare 2 & Warzone 2 Error Code #x41
According to several reports, it has been noticed that when the error code #x41 pops up in Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2, the players are unable to join any match. This guide has covered all possible solutions to fix this error.
1. The first step is simple and quick. When this error pops up in MW 2 or WZ 2, simply restart the game and check if that helped.
2. The next solution is to change the party leader and check if the error is resolved.
3. If that doesn’t work too, make sure to check the current server status of Call of Duty. In case the servers are down, the error should be eliminated automatically once the services are back online.
4. In the next method, we will repair the game files. To do this: Go to Steam Library >> Modern Warfare 2 or Warzone 2 >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the Integrity of Game Files. Once the scanning is done, try relaunching the game and the error will be fixed.
5. If that doesn’t work too, try updating your graphics drivers. An outdated graphics driver can create multiple issues including error code #x41 in MW 2 or WZ 2. Here is how you can update them:
– Right-click on the Start Menu >> Device Manager >> Quick Access Menu
– Double-click on Display adapters
– Right-click the active dedicated graphics card
– Select Update driver and then click on “Search automatically for rivers”
– Wait for some time until it is done and then relaunch the game
6. Some players have also managed to fix this error by disabling Steam overlay. To do this:
– Open up the Steam client >> Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties
– Go to General and make sure the “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game” checkbox is unchecked
7. Sometimes, your Windows Defender can also prevent the game files from functioning properly, so the next method we recommend is to disable Windows defender. Here is what you need to do:
– Go to Windows settings by pressing Win + I keys on your keyboard
– Go to Update and Security >> Windows Security >> Open Windows Security >> Virus and threat protection
– Then, select “Manage settings” and turn off “Real-time protection”
– At last, restart your gaming device and then relaunch the game
8. Some anti-virus programs can also interfere with the game and cause this error so try disabling your anti-virus software temporarily and check if that resolves the error.
9. If everything else fails, try a full reinstallation of the game. Before reinstallation, make sure to remove all the folders from your hard drive.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to fix Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 error code #x41.
Also check – How to fix Warzone 2 and Modern Warfare 2 Dev Error 11588.