Hi-Fi Rush is one of the latest hack-and-slash action games developed by Tango Gameworks and published by Bethesda Softworks. It was released on January 25, 2023, for Windows and Xbox Series X|S. However, like other massive titles, this game also has certain bugs, issues, and technical glitches including the controller not working issue.
The controller not working in online games is one of the common issues reported by many players every now and then. Although the developers have not released any hotfix to resolve the Hi-Fi Rush controller not working issue, we have come across a few possible solutions which you can try to enjoy the game until the developer addresses this problem.
Fix Hi-Fi Rush Controller Not Working Issue
There are a couple of possible reasons why your controller is not working in Hi-Fi Rush. According to reports, the controller buttons in the game do not function properly. Players have already tried resetting their settings to defaults and also reinstalling their game but those efforts were unsuccessful. Then what are the methods to resolve this annoying issue, let’s find out in this guide.
1. First of all, make sure your controller is connected properly. If it is not, connect it well and then check – The issue should be resolved now.
2. The next solution is to completely close Steam (It should not run even in the background). Then launch Steam as well as the game and try using your controller.
3. If that didn’t help, go to Steam >> Library >> Right-click on Hi-Fi Rush >> Select the Controller option and put a checkmark on ‘Disable Steam Input’. Next, save the changes and play the game.
4. Try removing all other connected peripherals and make sure Steam has only your current controller. That should resolve your Hi-Fi Rush controller not working issue.
5. If the drivers of your controllers are outdated, they might not function properly. Therefore, make sure they are updated to the latest version. To update your controller drivers to the latest version, visit the official website of the manufacturer and get the latest drivers. Once updated, check if the issue persists.
6. Launching the game in Big Picture mode is also one of the best and classic solutions to fix this issue. To do this: Go to Settings and click on the “Big picture mode” on the top-right side of the screen beside your profile name. Then go to the Library >> Hi-Fi Rush >> and click on Play.
7. If you are using a wireless controller like DualShock 4 or DualSense, then try using a wired connection and it should work fine.
That’s it for this guide – Hopefully, one of these methods will fix the Hi-Fi Rush controller not working issue.
Read more: List of all chapters in Hi-Fi Rush.