Hello Neighbor 2 is out now on PC, PlayStation, and Xbox and players have already started enjoying this latest stealth horror game on their devices. Although this game features advanced game design, it has a few bugs and errors. Lately, many players are reporting that they are running into an error 0xc000007b while launching the game. This particular error prevents many gamers from accessing the game. If you are running into the same situation and have no idea how to get past this error, check this guide and learn how you can fix error 0xc000007b in Hello Neighbor 2.
Fixing Hello Neighbor 2 0xc000007b
One of the main reasons why you are seeing Neighbor 2 0xc000007b error is due to a lack of Visual C++ Redistributable packages on your system. It can also cause several other dll errors. Thankfully, this error code can be fixed with some simple and easy workarounds.
1. Verify the Integrity of Game Files
When you receive a 0xc000007b error in Hello Neighbor 2, the very first thing you need to do is to verify the integrity of game files. Check out these simple steps:
For Steam Users:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on Hello Neighbor 2 and click on Properties
– Select Local Files
– And click on Verify the Integrity of game files
– Once the scanning is done, run the game again and the error 0xc000007b should be resolved.
For Epic Games:
– Open up the Epic Games client
– Go to the Hello Neighbor 2 tab and select the cog wheel beside the ‘Play’ button
– From the drop-down menu, in the Verify Files now, click on the Verify button
– Once the scan is done, launch the game, and the error code 0xc000007b should be fixed
2. Turning Off or Removing Antivirus Program
Sometimes, your antivirus program can slow down the speed of the game and throw the errors like 0xc000007b so better to remove or turn it off temporarily while running Hello Neighbor 2. To do so:
– Open up the start search box on your PC and type “virus and threat protection”
– Then click on ‘Manage Settings’
– Lastly, turn off real-time protection
Now, we will turn off ransomware protection too.
– Open up the start search box on your PC and type “Windows security settings”
– Click on the Virus and Threat Protection option
– Then click on the ‘Ransomware Protection’ option in the menu
– Turn off ‘Controlled folder Access’ on the screen
After these steps, now we will add the game to the exception.
– Open up the start search box on your PC and type “Virus and threat protection”
– Go to the Virus and threat protection settings and then select ‘Manage settings’ and under “Exclusions Exclude” select add or remove
– Then select Add an exclusion and then select Hello Neighbor 2 folder
3. Check Game Frameworks
If there are any issues in your game frameworks, then it can create multiple errors including 0xc000007b. So, it is important to have DirectX, VCRedist, and .NET Framework apps. Here we have given links to get the updated game frameworks
– Click here to download the updated .Net Framework
– Click here to download the current VCRedist (x64)
– Click here to download the latest VCRedist (x86)
– Click here to download the current DirectX
That’s all you can try to fix Hello Neighbor 2 error code 0xc000007b.