It does not doubt that the Fortnite game has set a new benchmark. This game is already a mega-hit as it has crossed more than 200 million players around the world. However, like all other massive online games, Fortnite also has several technical glitches and bugs. One of the most recent errors is Error Code DP-06. This bug indicates that there is a problem with arranging the target directory for the installation. This happens due to many reasons such as user permission-related issues that prevent the game from reading or writing access to the installation directory. If you’re getting the same bug in Fortnite, let us find out how to fix Fortnite Error Code DP-06.
Fix Fortnite Error Code DP-06
The solutions are quite straightforward. Here are the steps to follow to solve Fortnite Error Code DP-06.
Update the game
This is one of the easiest and quickest ways to fix Fortnite Error Code DP-06. Many users have tried this and it worked. You only need to update the game and the problem will get fixed automatically.
Process the Epic Games Launcher as an administrator
1. Close your Epic Games Launcher
2. Then right-click on Epic Games Launcher and then select on ‘Properties’
3. Now select Compatibility and then check on ‘Run this program as an administrator
4. And then click on ‘Ok’
5. That’s done, now open Epic Games Launcher and install your game again and you will see that the error is fixed.
Make sure that you have given read & write access to the folder
1. Go to the folder in which you have installed the game
2. Then right-click on that folder and then select ‘Properties’
3. Then go to the ‘Security’ tab
4. Now select your username in the Group
5. Here, make sure that you have already checked under ‘Allow’ for both Read and Write in the Permission Box.
Install your game on another hard drive:
This is also one of the best ways to fix Fortnite Error Code DP-06. Install your game on a different hard drive. Also, you can change the location of the game after download. For this, you need to click on ‘Browse’ and then click on the ‘Install’ on any game in the Library.
That’s it for this guide on How to Fix Fortnite Error Code DP-06.