Released in 2017, Destiny 2 is an excellent co-op shooter gameplay and offers strong storytelling in the campaign. This game has multiple game modes but Iron Banner is the latest mode. Iron Banner PvP mode was released on January 3, 2023. But regrettably, like any other online game, Destiny 2 is also not immune to several glitches and bugs. For example, we have already prepared a guide on contacting server pop up the issue when logging in and the companion app and API not working again.
In addition to these issues, many players are now reporting that they are running into an error that reads – “The query failed error”. Here is everything you need to know about how to fix this error.
How to Fix Destiny 2 the Query Failed Error
The Query Failed error in Destiny 2 usually occurs when a player tries to buy Rise of Iron expansion. It was released back in 2016. To purchase this expansion successfully, the player needs to use certain payment methods. Due to this error, players are currently unable to buy any items on Destiny 2. And so, many players are wondering if there is any method to fix this error. If you are one of them, let’s check out what exactly the matter is.
The error “The query failed error” in Destiny 2 appears due to main server-side issues and so, players can’t really do much to resolve this problem. However, go through the below workarounds to make sure there is nothing wrong from your side.
1. First of all, try purchasing the items using an original account and you won’t see this error.
2. By chance, if you’re using a network booster to boost up the connection, then we recommend disabling it temporarily and using a simple Wi-Fi or wired connection and checking if the error still persists.
3. Disabling VPN service is also one of the best standard error-fixing methods you can try.
4. Try performing a Clean Boot and check for any missing or corrupted files in the game directory.
5. Make sure your account is not banned or suspended in Destiny 2.
6. In addition, to run a massive game like Destiny 2, your internet connection must be running fine. You can try resetting your router or modem once and then check if the error is eliminated or not.
7. If nothing worked, try uninstalling the game and then reinstalling it could fix the Destiny 2 Query Failed error.
Even after trying all of these methods, if the error is still there, don’t panic. Bungie will release a patch soon to fix this error. Meanwhile, as advised by the developer on their official Twitter page, do not buy multiple Silver or game purchases and wait until the problem is fixed.
That’s everything we have at the moment to fix Destiny 2 the Query Failed error.