Dead Space Remake is out now on PC through Steam and other certain clients. With any major title, this game also has a few bugs and technical glitches. From day one, many players have been reporting several issues with the game such as building shaders freeze issue, death loop bug, and a few others. Adding to these issues, many players also report that their screen goes black, and the texture is not loading while playing the game during some sessions or checkpoints. If you are also encountering the same problem, worry not as this guide has covered all potential solutions to fix the Dead Space black screen issue on PC.
How to Fix Dead Space Remake Black Screen Issue on PC
Before we jump onto the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to quickly check the following points.
– Make sure to update your Windows to the latest version.
– Also, make sure to update your game to the recent patch.
– Check your internet connection. It must be running fast and stable. You can try switching your connection to Wired as it is a more stable and reliable connection than WiFi.
– Another thing to check is to close down all unnecessary background apps and programs by opening Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) and clicking on End Task one by one.
Even after trying these quick methods, if the black screen issue still persists in Dead Space Remake, then you may start the following steps.
1. Update GPU Drivers
Outdated GPU drivers can cause multiple issues in the game so the very first solution we suggest is to get them updated to the latest version. To do this:
– Press the Win + X keys and open up the Quick Link Menu
– Click on Device Manager >> Double-click on Display adapters
– Right-click on your graphics card and select Update driver >> Choose to search for drivers automatically
– If you see an update, the system will start downloading and installing it automatically
– Once done, make sure to restart your computer and check if you are seeing the black screen in Dead Space Remake
2. Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
The next solution is to lower the in-game graphics settings on your PC or console and check that helped to fix the stuttering and frame drops issue. Try to turn off the following things:
– Shadow effect
– Texture details etc.
3. Repairing Your Game Files
Any missing or corrupted game files are also one of the culprits behind the Dead Space Remake black screen issue so try repairing your game files and then check, the black screen issue should be eliminated. To do that:
– Go to the Steam library and find Dead Space Remake
– Right-click on it and go to Properties >> Local Files
– Select the “Verify integrity of game files”
– Once the scanning is done, launch the game and you are good to go
4. Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
The Vertical Sync or V-Sync feature in Nvidia helps to enhance the graphics. So, try enabling V-sync in the Nvidia control panel. To do this:
– Open up the Nvidia Control Panel
– Then go to 3D Settings >> Manage 3D Settings >> Program Settings >> Click on Add then select ‘Dead Space Remake’ from the list of programs
– Scroll down and click on ‘Vertical sync’ and then select ‘On’
– Once done, restart your PC and the black screen issue should be fixed in Dead Space Remake
5. Setting High Priority in Task Manager
You can allow Windows to run the Dead Space Remake by giving it a higher priority in the Task Manager. For this:
– Right-click the Start button and choose Task Manager.
– Click on the Processes tab, then right-click on the game task for Dead Space Remake
– Select “Set High Priority” >> “Close Task Manager”
– At last, launch the game and check if you are experiencing a black screen issue
That’s everything we have covered to fix how to fix the Dead Space Remake black screen issue.Also learn – Can we fix the Dead Space Remake high CPU temperature issue.