Amazon Prime is a popular paid subscription service by Amazon. This platform provides a wide variety of perks to its Prime Members like movies, TV shows, and exclusive content. However, like any other streaming platform, Amazon Prime is also not immune to several bugs and errors. One of the common errors encountered by many viewers is the “Video Playback” error. When this error triggers, users are unable to stream or watch a video on the Amazon Prime platform. Thankfully, in this guide, we are going to discuss the main reasons that cause a video playback error in Amazon Prime and we will also show you some potential methods to fix it.
Fixing Amazon Prime Playback Error
This situation is quite baffling when you are unable to access any content on Amazon Prime due to the “Video Playback” error. However, stick to this guide and learn how you can fix this error.
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, it is important to know about the main reasons behind the video playback error in Amazon Prime so that it will be easier to troubleshoot the problem.
– Issues in Amazon Prime Video servers
– Hardware and/or software issues in your device
– Your poor and unstable internet connection
The methods to resolve this issue varies according to your streaming devices such as iOS, Android, and TV, and this guide has covered all the methods to resolve the Amazon Prime ‘Playback’ error.
1. Regardless of your streaming device, the very first thing you need to do is to check your internet connection because an unstable and poor connection can cause this error. You can try using a different WiFi connection if possible or try resetting your router/modem to troubleshoot any connectivity-related issues.
2. Secondly, make sure the Amazon Prime Video server is up and running fine. You can try the below third-party sites to check the current server status.
In case the server is down then you cannot do much except wait until their services are back online and then the error will get resolved automatically.
After performing the above basic steps, you may now proceed to the following troubleshooting steps.
Fix Amazon Prime Video Playback Error on iPhone/iPad
If you are receiving this error on your iOS device, then try
– Uninstalling and reinstalling the Amazon Prime Video app.
– Clearing your Amazon Prime Video app cache.
Fix Amazon Prime Video Playback Error on Android
For Android users:
– Go to Settings >> Application Manager >> Prime Video >> Storage >> Clear Data and confirm with Ok. Once done, play the video again.
– Try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it again.
Fix Amazon Prime Video Playback Error on TV
If you are experiencing this error on your TV, here are the steps you need to take:
– Try rebooting your TV again.
– Make sure your VPN is disabled temporarily while using Amazon Prime.
– Make sure the HDMI cable you are using is correct.
– Lastly, uninstall the app and reinstall it.
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully one of these methods will help you to get rid of the ‘Playback error’ in Amazon Prime and you will again be able to enjoy your favorite content.
Read next: How to fix Amazon Prime error code 9345.