In recent times, VoLTE and Wi-Fi features are getting popular. Because one of the great benefits of these features is that, we can receive calls directly from Wi-Fi or LTE instead of having to route them through an operator’s network.
However, some OEMs have still to add this feature to their devices. In some cases, this feature is available but disabled for the users. This is the same case for the 2nd-generation ROG Phone Also.
Luckily, with some easy steps, you can simply allow this feature. So, let’s check out how to enable VoLTE / VoWiFi v2 on your ASUS ROG Phone 2 device.
How to enable VoLTE / VoWiFi v2 on ASUS ROG Phone 2?
Make sure your device is in DIAG mode before proceeding with this manual. If it is not, set it up in advance and only then follow these steps.
Step 1: Setting up the Props
– Download and install AsusVoLTE v1.0.1 app on your device.
– Then launch the application and click the “Enable VoLTE” button located at the bottom.
Step 2: Check the settings
Before doing this step, make sure that the QPST Flash Tool is not running in the background. If everything is fine, you can follow these steps:
– Download EfsTools 0.10 modded 1.2 Tool and extract it to any convenient location on your computer.
– Then go to that extracted folder, type CMD in the address bar, and press Enter. This command prompt window will open:
The details will now differ depending on the type of connection you are about to select. If you choose USB mode, the port will be automatically selected and you do not need to specify it.
However, if you find more than one open port, you need to replace the port from Auto to the COM port of your phone.
But are you wondering – what is the COM port number? Well, this is the same as what the AsusVoLTE v1.0.1 app displays. For instance, if it shows 2400, then the command will look something like this:
<efstool port=”2400″ remote=”true” baudrate=”38400″ password=”FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF” spc=”000000″/>
Finally, now you can test this connection by running the following command in the CMD window: EfsTools.exe efsInfo
When it is done, the next is to turn off MCFG. Here’s how it could be done.
Step 3: Disable MCFG
First, download the EFS item file and then extract it to the EFSTools directory. Make sure mcfg_autoselect_by_uim.
Now run both of the following commands in the CMD window:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o / nv / item_files / mcfg / mcfg_autoselect_by_uim EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_auto_files_files_miles / mcfg
Now, we will proceed to the next to last step to enable VoLTE – WiFi v2 on Asus ROG Phone 2:
Step 4: Writing MBN
– Download MBN Xiaomi Mi 9T and extract them to the EFSTools folder.
– Now start a CMD window in that directory and run the following command: EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
– If you have a dual SIM device, you will need to enter an additional command: EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
And to finish, restart your phone and it is done!
That concludes the guide on how to enable VoLTE / VoWiFi v2 on your ASUS ROG Phone 2 device. If you have any questions regarding the above steps, please let us know in the comments section below.