Recently, some YouTube viewers are experiencing that YouTube is lagging while scrolling on multiple devices. As a result, there has been a slew of several complaints across Reddit and many forums. Usually, this error occurs due to a browser issue or other extension you are using. However, there are certain solutions to fix this error. Follow these instructions to get rid of the YouTube lagging issue while scrolling.
How to Fix YouTube Lags When Scrolling Error
Some users from Google Chrome to Opera have reported this issue, so this problem is not any browser-specific issue. Here are some of the best solutions to get it fixed.
Uninstall your Internet Browser and Reinstall it
1. To uninstall your internet browser in Windows 10, first of all, click on the Start button (or press the Windows key) to open the Start menu.
2. Then, click on the Settings at the top.
3. Click on App & features on the left menu.
4. On the right side, locate Chrome, Opera, or whatever internet browser you’re using, and click on the Uninstall button.
5. Again click on Uninstall to confirm.
Once done, install it again. And this time, we recommend installing Microsoft Edge as your new Internet browser and try again.
Disable your library of extensions
If you are still facing the same issue even after uninstalling your internet browser, another solution is to access your library of extensions in your browser and then disable them. Extensions like Ad Units can create this type of problem, so you need to uninstall or disable your extensions individually and then run YouTube videos and check whether or not this issue is fixed.
Disable Hardware Acceleration (For Chrome users ONLY)
Hardware acceleration can also be one of the reasons for YouTube lagging for Google Chrome users. So, disabling it can solve this problem. To do this:
1. Click on the three-dot menu which you will find on the top right side of your browser.
2. Next, select ‘Advanced’.
3. Click on System, and then disable hardware acceleration from here.
Once done, try to run YouTube and you will notice the problem is fixed.
That’s all for the guide on How to Fix YouTube lags when scrolling error. Do not miss to visit our website to check out various Guides, Tips, and Tricks on several games and errors.