After the launch of two popular titles in the golf and basketball simulation genera, 2K Games brings another fan favorite the WWE 2K Battleground. Players who jumped to play the game are reporting the WWE 2K Battlegrounds ‘You need to be online’ error that’s preventing them from playing online matches. Don’t worry though, we have the fix for the error. Scroll down to know how you can get back to wrestling.
Fix WWE 2K Battlegrounds ‘You need to be online’ Error
The most likely cause of the WWE 2K Battlegrounds ‘You need to be online’ error is a problem with the game servers or internet connectivity. As you are not connected to the server due to any of the two reasons, when you attempt to claim your daily rewards you may encounter the error.
Here is the complete error message, “You need to be online to receive or replace Daily Challenges or to collect rewards.”
When you first encounter the error, ensure that your internet connection is working and stable. Try switching to another internet connection such as mobile hotspot and check if the error still occurs. Once you are sure about the internet not being the problem, check the status of the servers. You can do this by visiting the official twitter handle of the game.
The account acknowledged yesterday the problems users are encountering saying, “We are aware of reported connectivity concerns and are investigating.”
You can also check third-party websites like Downdetector to check if other users in your region are encountering the same problem.
If the servers are online and your internet connection is not the problem, there might be a bug with the game. If that’s the case, you may have to wait for the developers to release a patch to address the issue.
Meanwhile, you can continue playing the game and complete Daily Challenges, but don’t turn them in for rewards until the bug or the issue with the reward system is resolved. On the other hand, if the developers do not acknowledge the issue as a bug with the game, the problem could be local and that’s a cause of worry.
You will need to address the issue, which most likely is connection problems with the game servers. Here are some connectivity tips to follow.
- Reboot the PC or the console
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Among Us.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
That’s all we have in this guide, hope you found it helpful and the WWE 2K Battlegrounds ‘You need to be online’ error is resolved.