World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that has captivated millions of players worldwide. However, like any online game, WoW is not immune to technical issues. One frustrating problem that players often encounter is the WoW 51900 error. This error occurs when you get disconnected from the WoW server, disrupting your gaming experience. In this article, we will guide you through the steps to fix the WoW 51900 error.
Before we delve into the solutions, let’s first understand what the WoW 51900 error means. This error code is an indication that your connection to the WoW server has been lost, causing you to disconnect from the game. It can happen due to various reasons, including network issues, server problems, or even conflicts with your firewall or antivirus software.
How to Fix WoW Error 51900
Encountering this error can be frustrating, especially when you’re in the middle of an exciting raid or quest. However, with the right troubleshooting steps, you can resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Reset Your Modem/Router
The first step in resolving the WoW 51900 error is to reset your modem and router. Follow these steps to do so:
- Locate your modem and router.
- Power off both devices by unplugging them from the power source.
- Wait for at least 30 seconds before plugging them back in.
- Allow the modem and router to reboot fully.
- Once they are back online, launch WoW and check if the error persists.
Solution 2: Check the WoW Server Status
Sometimes, the WoW 51900 error might be due to server-related issues. To ensure that the problem is not on Blizzard’s end, follow these steps:
- Visit the official World of Warcraft website.
- Look for the server status section or server status page.
- Alternatively, check the official World of Warcraft Twitter page for any updates on server maintenance or issues.
- If the server status indicates any problems, you will need to wait until the issue is resolved on Blizzard’s side.
Solution 3: Re-login to Battle.net
If the previous steps did not resolve the WoW 51900 error, it’s time to re-login to Battle.net. Here’s what you need to do:
- Exit the World of Warcraft game completely.
- Launch the Battle.net application.
- Enter your login credentials (username and password) and click on “Log In.”
- Once you are logged in, select World of Warcraft from the game list.
- Click on “Play” and see if the error still persists.
Re-logging into Battle.net can help refresh your connection and establish a new connection to the WoW server, potentially resolving the WoW 51900 error.
By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you can effectively resolve the error and get back to enjoying your adventures in WoW.