Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is the newest action-role playing game developed by Team Ninja and published by Koei Tecmo. This game is now available on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. But unfortunately, some players are not happy with the performance of the game as they are having trouble with Wo Long Fallen Dynasty after downloading it. One of such issues faced by a lot of players is the black screen issue. If you are experiencing the same issue, here we have compiled a list of methods to fix the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty black screen issue.
How to Fix Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Black Screen Issue
There can be various reasons why you are experiencing black screen issues in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty such as:
– Your gaming device does not meet the minimum system requirement
– Your game files are missing or corrupted
– Outdated graphics driver
– Interference with third-party apps such as a firewall or anti-virus program
1. First and foremost, click here and make sure your gaming device meets the minimum system requirements to run Wo Long Fallen Dynasty smoothly. If your system already meets the requirements and still you are encountering a black screen issue while launching or playing the game, then you may proceed to the following further steps.
2. Some missing or corrupted game files can also cause black screen issues in the game so, the next method we recommend is to verify the integrity of game files. For this: Go to Steam >> Library >> Right-click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. Once done, launch the game again and the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty black screen issue should be fixed.
3. An outdated graphics driver is also one of the main reasons why you are running into black screen issues in the Long Fallen Dynasty. So, make sure your graphics driver is updated to the latest version and check if that helped to resolve the issue. To get the latest drivers, you need to visit the official website of your driver’s manufacturer.
4. Make sure your internet connection is fast and stable. A poor and unstable connection can cause multiple issues including a black screen in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty. You can also try switching from a Wi-Fi connection to a Wired as it is more stable and reliable.
5. Setting high performance in Power Options is also one of the best methods to resolve the issue. To do this:
– Go to Control Panel on your PC
– Go to Hardware and Sound >> Power Options >> High Performance
– Once done, close the windows and turn off your PC. For this: Start >> Power >> Shut Down
– Once turned off, turn it back on
6. As we have stated above, some third-party apps and programs can also cause black screen issues in WLFD, so try disabling or closing background apps and programs including antivirus or firewall apps and check if that worked and eliminated the black screen issue.
7. If you have turned on graphics card overclocking, then also you might face a black screen issue. So, here is how you can disable or turn off graphics card overclocking.
– Run MSI Afterburner
– Then set “Core Clock” and “Memory Clock” to “0”
– Save it by clicking on the confirm button
– Once the process is done, rerun the game and the issue should be fixed
8. Some players have managed to resolve this issue by running the game in windowed mode. To do that:
– Go to Steam >> Library >> Right-click on Wo Long Fallen Dynasty >> Properties >> Set Launch Options >> Type “-windowed” (without quotes) >> Ok. Once done, launch the game and the black screen issue should be fixed.
9. Even after trying all these methods, if the black screen issue persists, try uninstalling the game completely and then reinstalling it.
10. Your last resort is to reach out to the support team and then will assist you further to fix the issue.
That is everything we have covered to fix the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty black screen issue.
Our next guide: How long to beat Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty: Game length.