Error Code 0x87E10BC6 on Xbox and Windows occurs when you attempt to play a game. The error can impact several games at once such as MLB The Show, Warzone, Cold War, and more. Recently, a lot of users started to see the error when trying to launch games. The error can also occur when you attempt to download a patch or install a game. usually, you don’t need to do anything to fix the error and it goes away on its own. The cause for the error is a server problem either on the Xbox side or the game you are trying to play. If you are getting it on the Xbox that means the game is unavailable temporary or it’s unavailable in your region. It can also occur if the game is no longer available in the catalog. Luckily, there are some solutions which you can try to fix Windows and Xbox Error Code 0x87E10BC6.
How to fix Windows and Xbox Error Code 0x87E10BC6
Check out the following possible solutions to fix Error Code 0x87E10BC6.
Verify the server issue
When you get an error code 0x87E10BC6, one of the first things you need to check is the current status of the server. In case the server is down for maintenance or any other reasons, you are getting this error code. To check the Xbox server – Visit their official website or click here. If you find that the server is down for any reason, then wait for sometimes and the issue will get resolved automatically once the services resume.
And the server is up and still you’re getting this error code 0x87E10BC6 on your Xbox, then try the following solutions.
Update your Windows 10
The other thing you can do is to update your Xbox console as well as Windows 10. For this:
1. Open up the run dialogue box by pressing Windows key + R.
2. Once opened, type ‘ms-settings:windowsupdate’ and then click on Enter and open the Windows Update tab of the Settings app.
3. Then check your right panel and click on ‘Check for updates’. And then follow all the instructions and install all the pending updates.
4. Once done, make sure to restart the PC once and then try to play the game and you won’t see the Error Code 0x87E10BC6.
Remove all the game data from Xbox game in Windows 10
One of the reasons for this error to occur is that the progress of the game is saved to your Xbox account associated with the computer. Perform the following steps for this solution:
1. Press the Windows icon and open up the Settings
2. Then select Accounts
3. Under the Email and app accounts, click on the Microsoft account and then click on Remove
It is also recommended to reset the Xbox app on the computer system to make sure that there is no account is linked to it. For this:
1. Press the Windows key and open up the Settings
2. Go to Apps
3. Under Apps & features, find out the Xbox app
4. Then, click on the Xbox app and select Advanced options
5. And at last, click on Reset
That’s all for this guide on how to Fix Windows and Xbox Error Code 0x87E10BC6.
Also, check out our next post – How to Fix Xbox Series S Error 0x803F9008.