Wayfinder is the latest action RPG game developed by Airship Syndicate. It was released on August 17, 2023, for PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. The captivating and beautifully crafted visuals of the game contribute to a delightful and engaging gaming experience. But unfortunately, like other online games, Wayfinder is also not immune to several bugs, issues, and errors. One of such issues experienced by many PS5 users is the crashing or not launching the game. Are you also going through the same situation? Then check out this guide and learn how to fix Wayfinder crashing or not launching on PS5.
How to Fix Wayfinder Crashing or Not Launching on PS5
Encountering Wayfinder crashing or launching issues on the PS5 can be frustrating but worry not and stick to this guide. Here we show you all potential methods to fix this problem.
1. Update Your Console
The very first solution to fix Wayfinder crashing or not launching on PS5 is to make sure your console is updated to the latest version. Sony often releases new patches to optimize the performance of the console. To check for new updates, go to Settings >> System >> System Software >> System Software Update and Settings. Once updated, relaunch the game and check if the issue persists.
2. Clear Cache on PS5
Clearing the corrupted cache files on your device can also help to resolve the issue. To do this: Go to Settings >> Storage >> System Storage >> Clear Cache. Once done, relaunch the game, and the crashing or not launching issue should be fixed on PS5.
3. Rebuild the Console Database
If the issue persists, try rebuilding the database of your PS5. This method will allow your console to fix any storage-related issues with the game. To do this:
– Press and hold down the power button until you hear the two beeps. Now, your PS5 is in Safe Mode
– Next, connect the DualSense controller to a USB cable and then press the PS button on your controller to pair
– Now, select “Clear Cache and Rebuild Database” and select the option “Rebuild Database”
– Wait until the process completes
– Once done, try launching the game on PS5 and the crashing and not launching issue should be fixed now
4. Check Your Internet Connection
In addition, make sure there is no issue with your internet connection. A poor and unstable connection can also lead to this issue. To troubleshoot the connection-related issues, you can try
– Resetting your router/modem
– Switching your connection from WiFi to Wired for a stable and reliable connection
– Using any other WiFi connection if possible
5. Reinstall the Game
Sometimes, game files can become corrupted, leading to crashing or not launching issues on PS5 so try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it.
That’s it for this guide on how to fix Wayfinder crashing or not launching on PS5.
Read next: How to fix Wayfinder login failed error.