Wayfinder is the latest massively multiplayer online game developed by Airship Syndicate and published by Digital Extremes. Although the game is a fast and fun RPG with fascinating characters and MMO-light features, some bugs and issues disrupt the overall gaming experience. Many players are reporting that their controllers are not working on PC while playing Wayfinder. Controllers have become an essential part of the online gaming experience as they offer enhanced precision. And so, it is quite frustrating when your controllers don’t work properly and completely stop working while enjoying Wayfinder. But worry not, in this guide, we are going to show you all the potential methods to fix the issue.
How to Fix Wayfinder Controller Not Working on PC
Before you delve into the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to quickly go through the below checks.
1. Restart your PC once and check if the issue is fixed
2. Check your hardware (Controller or joystick) connections and make sure it is connected properly to your controller and PC. In addition, check the physical condition of your controller for any damage. If it has any cracks, loose buttons, or other issues, it might not work while playing Wayfinder. If that is the case, you will need to contact the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
3. If you are using a Bluetooth controller, then try using a Wired controller and vice versa.
4. Outdated or incompatible drivers can also cause this issue so make sure to update the drivers to the latest version from the official website of the manufacturer for your controller.
5. Sometimes, this issue can be resolved simply by pressing Alt + Enter keys to get out of the game’s screen and then reenter the game.
If these quick checks don’t help to resolve the Wayfinder controller not working issue on PC, then here we show you some other workarounds to resolve it.
1. Launch Steam in Big Picture Mode
Some players suggest launching Steam in Big Picture mode to fix the issue. To do this:
– Go to Steam >> View >> Choose Big Picture Mode
– Next, go to Library >> Games >> Wayfinder >> Exit from the Big Picture Mode
2. Enable Steam Overlay
If that doesn’t help too, try enabling the Steam overlay option for the game. For this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> General >> Check the option ‘Enable Steam Overlay while in-game.
3. Use Third-Party Controller Support
The next solution we recommend is to use any of the below third-party controller supports.
4. Disable Conflicting Program
Certain programs and applications running in the background process might interfere with your controller’s functionality. So, try disabling or closing such third-party apps temporarily and check if this trick worked.
5. Reinstall Your Controller
If the issue persists, try uninstalling the controller drivers from your PC and then reinstalling them. Disconnect the controller, uninstall its drivers from the Device Manager, and then reconnect the controller to allow Windows to reinstall the drivers.
6. Contact the Support Team
Your last resort is to reach out to the support team. They may provide you with additional steps to fix this issue.
That’s all you can try fixing the Wayfinder controller not working on PC.