Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 is the latest free-to-play battle royale game released for PlayStation, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC. Lately, many Warzone players are reporting that they are running into a ‘Packet Loss’ error. It is a common error and prevents many players from enjoying the game.
According to several reports, packet loss error often occurs due to a poor internet connection, corrupted or outdated drivers, hardware faults, and software bugs. When the packet loss error triggers, it leads to various issues like stuttering, ping, and throwing out of the game issues. If you are wondering, why am I getting packet loss in Warzone 2.0, then refer to this guide and learn how you can fix Warzone 2 packet loss error in Warzone 2 for PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox.
How to Fix Warzone 2 Packet Loss Fix for PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox
As its name suggests, when data packets fail to reach their destination, it is lost somewhere between the game server and the computer. This particular missing data prevents players from accessing the game smoothly. However, there are some tricks to get it resolved.
1. Switch Your Internet Connection
Although a wireless internet connection is more convenient if you are far from your modem/router, it can create several issues. So, the first solution we recommend is to switch your connection from WiFi to a wired or mobile hotspot.
2. Set the NAT Type to Open (PS4, Xbox One, PC)
You must be aware that there are 3 NAT (Network Address Translation) – Moderate, Strict, and Open. For the best and most reliable network connection, you can try to change the NAT type to Open.
– Open up a web browser, type in the router’s IP address in the address bar, and then hit Enter.
– On the login page, type your username and password. Then click on the Login button and open up the router page.
– In the router settings, go to the Advanced menu and then select ‘NAT Forwarding’ or ‘Port Forwarding’ from the left panel.
– Then select the Virtual Servers option and then click on ‘Add’.
– Add the correct UDP and TCP ports for Warzone 2.0. However, depending on your gaming platform, ports are different. Here is what you need to do:
– TCP: 3074,27014-27050
– UDP: 3074,3478,4379-4380,27000-27031,27036
– TCP: 1935,3478-3480
– UDP: 3074,3478-3479
– TCP: 3074
– UDP: 88,500,3074-3075,3544,4500
Once done, relaunch the game, and the ‘Packet Loss’ error for PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox will get fixed.
3. Use a VPN
If the above solutions don’t work, try using a VPN service. If your current network is congested, then you might receive a packet loss error while playing Warzone 2, so try to use a VPN service to fix this issue.
That’s everything you can try to fix Warzone 2 packet loss error for PC, PS4, PS5, and Xbox.
Read more: How to fix Warzone 2 dev error 356.