Warhammer 40K Darktide is the latest co-op first-person shooter game. Hundreds and thousands of players are having a great time enjoying WH40K Darktide but at the same time, many gamers are struggling to access the game smoothly because of several issues including crashing at startup, won’t start, and not launching issues. In addition to these issues, the error codes like 4001 and 4008 prevent players from enjoying the game. In this guide, we will learn why these error codes appear and how you can fix them with some straightforward workarounds.
Fixing Warhammer 40K Darktide Error Code 4001 & 4008
Players are encountering multiple problems while playing Warhammer 40K Darktide but the error codes 4001 and 4008 are amongst the most known issues. So, here we have prepared a guide addressing these issues.
Warhammer 40K Darktide Error Code 4001
The error code 4001 occurs followed by the error message ‘Hot join party hub failed’ and it occurs when joining other players in the matches. Players report that they have already tried a few workarounds including creating a new character, rebooting the PC, restarted the game several times but no luck.
However, to resolve this error, check the connection settings of the host first or you can also try hosting the game yourself and then ask other players to join your party. This will fix the error code 4001 in WH40K Darktide.
Warhammer 40K Darktide Error Code 4008
The error code 4008 indicates a ‘Failed handshake timeout’ and can be fixed with some simple methods.
1. First of all, try disabling or removing the VPN service before connecting to the game.
2. Next, try closing other applications and software running in the background and then run the game.
3. You can also resolve the issue by verifying the game files. To do so:
– Open up the Steam client and go to the game library
– Right-click on Warhammer 40000 Darktide and go to its Properties
– Click on Local Files and then click on “Verify integrity of game files”
– Once the process is done, try launching the game again and the error code 4008 should be fixed
4. Make sure your internet connection is fast and stable. You can try switching it to a Wired connection from WiFi as it is more stable and reliable.
5. If nothing helped, your last resort is to uninstall the game and then reinstall it.
These are the only things you can try to fix Warhammer 40K Darktide error codes 4001 and 4008.