War Thunder is an exhilarating online game that offers thrilling combat scenarios to players worldwide. However, some players encounter a common issue – Connection Error 80130183 – which can be frustrating. In this article, we will explore various troubleshooting steps to resolve War Thunder Connection Error 80130183.
The error is reported by a lot of Reddit users but there is no official response from developers.
How to Fix War Thunder Connection Error 80130183
The error is caused by server issues and some technical issues in the system. There are a few methods to fix the Error code 80130183 in War Thunder
Check Keyboard Language and Login Credentials
One of the most common reasons for Connection Error 80130183 is entering incorrect login credentials. Ensure that your keyboard language matches the language of your login credentials. Also, double-check for any unintentional spaces or characters in the password field. Remember to turn off the Caps Lock before entering your password.
Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall can sometimes interfere with War Thunder’s connection, leading to Error 80130183. To disable the firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel and locate the Windows Defender Firewall button.
- Click on “Turn Windows Defender Firewall On or Off.”
- Turn off the Firewall for both Private and Public Network Settings.
- Launch the game to see if the error persists.
Turn Off Third-Party Applications
Ensure that no third-party applications, such as Torrents or Windows updates, are running in the background when launching War Thunder. These applications might conflict with the game’s connection and trigger Error 80130183.
Copy and Paste Login Credentials
If you’re still having trouble logging in, try typing your login credentials in a separate text document. Verify that the information is accurate without any additional characters, spaces, or punctuation. Then, copy and paste the credentials into the respective login fields within the game client. This method has proven effective in fixing Error 80130183 for many players.
Check Network Connectivity
A stable internet connection is crucial for smooth gameplay. Ensure that you have a strong and reliable internet connection before attempting to log into War Thunder. Test your internet speed on different online websites and consider using a wired connection for better stability.
Verify the Integrity of Game Files
Sometimes, Error 80130183 may occur due to synchronization issues between your War Thunder login and forum login. To address this, try verifying the integrity of your game files. Follow these steps:
- Launch the game launcher and click on the wrench icon in the top-right corner.
- Select “Check Files” from the drop-down menu.
- Wait for the process to complete, and then restart the game to see if the error is resolved.
Delete User Profile
If the previous steps haven’t resolved the issue, you can try deleting your user profile in the War Thunder directory. Keep in mind that this action will reset your settings, so proceed with caution. Here’s how to do it:
- Close the War Thunder game and launcher.
- Navigate to the War Thunder directory, typically located at “C:\Users<YourUsername>\Documents\WarThunder”.
- Look for a folder named “User” or “UserProfile” and delete it.
- Restart the game to see if Error 80130183 is now fixed.
By following these methods, you can resolve the issue and immerse yourself in the exciting world of War Thunder once more.