Victoria 3 is the latest grand strategy video game released on October 25, 2022, developed by Paradox Development Studio. Despite its intransigence and complexity, it offers a real pleasure to play this slick simulation game. However, some issues, errors, and bugs are stopping some players from playing the game smoothly.
Lately, many players are reporting that Quinine is not working in the game. Quinine is a medication used to treat malaria in colonized states. However, when players apply Quinine to the colonized states, there is no effect – that means Quinine doesn’t work to eliminate malaria. Players are frustrated as they encounter this bug where Quinine doesn’t work at all. However, this bug is not triggering consistently so we don’t have any official solutions to fix this issue. Thankfully, a few players have shared some potential solutions to get rid of this issue. Let’s find out in this guide how to fix the Victoria 3 Quinine not working issue.
How to Fix Victoria 3 Quinine Not Working Bug
There could be several reasons why you are encountering Victoria 3 Quinine, not working issues. The main ones are:
– If you are playing an outdated game version
– If you have installed any mods to your game
– If any of the game files are missing or outdated
Here are the methods you can try to fix the Victoria 3 Quinine not working bug.
1. First of all, make sure to update your game to the latest version.
2. If you are still facing the same issue, then try saving the same and then reloading it again. Many players have reported that when they load up the game from the main menu, Quinine research has started working fine. So, give it a try.
3. Next, make sure you are not using any mods in games as it causes several other issues. So, simply remove the mod files and check if the issue persists.
4. The next solution is the verify the integrity of game files. To do so:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on Victoria 3 and click on Properties
– Then select Local Files
– Next click on ‘Verify the Integrity of game files’
– Once done, launch the game again and Quinine not working bug should be fixed
5. Some players have resolved this issue by starting construction. You can start the construction process in the colonized state. With that, the construction forces modifier will be recalculated and it will remove the growth speed penalty, and eventually Quinine research will start working fine.
That’s all we have at the moment to fix the Victoria 3 Quinine not working bug.