Valorant error code 54 is one of the listed errors on the Valorant website. According to the description, the game failed to retrieve content. “Content service failure. Valorant was unable to retrieve your content. Go ahead and restart the Riot Client.” The error message states “There was an error connecting to the platform. Please restart your client. Error code: 54.” But, restating the system rarely works to resolve the error.
As such, the first step to fix the error 54 should be to restart the game and the system. At this point, you should note that often sever problems can also result in the error. Users on various forums have confirmed that the error resolved on its own. Hence, if you are experiencing the error, you should first check whether other people in your region are experiencing the same problem. You can check the status of the servers at the Twitter handle of Valorant or Downdetector website. Stick around to know more about the error and what you can do about it.
How to Fix Valorant Error Code 54
The most effective fix for the Valorant error code 54 is to wait it out. It appears the most instances of the error happen simultaneously when there is an unexpected problem with the servers. It can either be a maintenance or the servers may be down for some reasons. Most of the users on subreddit/Valorant have confirmed the error resolved itself within 30 minutes to a few hours. As restarting the client is recommended by the developers, you must try that when you encounter the error 54.
We do not recommend that you take any drastic measures to resolve the error. However, you must ensure that your internet connection is stable. Here are some basic troubleshooting you can pay attention to.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in Destiny or Destiny 2.
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing Destiny 2.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
You should not worry yourself too much with the Valorant error code 54. It will resolve on its own, give it some time. If the error does not fix itself, you always have the option to contact the Valorant support.