Valheim is now available on Steam with Early Access and is the 2021 hit that no one expects. This game puts players in the shoes of Scandinavians with the ability to build settlements, explore, and conquer cooperatively. However, its fame is accompanied by a fair amount of criticism. We have rounded up some of the most notable issues in Valheim at the moment
What is the Valheim Dedicated Server ‘Disconnected’ Error
Improving the dedicated servers was the main goal of Valheim 0.147.3, although it, unfortunately, had the opposite effect for many. Server disconnections are plaguing the game and hosts are getting a “Disconnected” error message when they try to connect.
Even though the exact reason for this error remains unclear, some solutions can fix the disconnection of the Valheim dedicated server.
How to fix the “Not connected” error on Valheim’s dedicated server
How to Fix Valheim Dedicated Server ‘Disconnected’ Error
Following are some possible solutions for the Valheim Dedicated Server ‘Disconnected’ issue:
Solution # 1:
1. Completely close the Valheim application and restart the game.
2. Uninstall the dedicated Valheim server via Steam and reinstall it.
3. Use port forwarding to open additional ports.
If this solution doesn’t work – try following another solution.
Solution # 2:
Here’s another solution shared by the players on Reddit.
Another best solution is to delete the corrupted dedicated server file and its backup file from the installed game directory. To do this, here are the steps:
– Navigate to – C: Users\ <username>\AppData\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\Worlds
– Now you need to find and delete the ‘Dedicated.db’ file.
– Next, find out and copy the ‘Dedicated.db.backup’ file.
– And finally, rename the file to ‘Dedicated.db’ only and save it. In short – You only need to remove ‘.backup’ from the file name.
– After this, restart your computer and then open Steam and run the Valheim dedicated server to check whether the Dedicated Server ‘Disconnected’ error is showing or not.
Set up a new dedicated server could also fix this problem. Users must continue to meet the minimum requirements and certainly agree to lose their progress in the game.
After following the steps above, hopefully, the Dedicated Server “Disconnected” error will end.
Iron Gate – The developer of Valheim is also probably aware of these issues and working to implement them. The popular survival game is not over yet, so network problems like this are largely a given. If none of the above solutions fixes the issue, players can only wait for a future game update for now.