Trails of Mana is available for players on the PC, PS4, and Switch. The game is the third installment of the series previously known as Seiken Densetsu 3. Trials of Mana is a remake of the 1995 game. An awesome RPG, the game presents a daring tale you will enjoy. However, some users are unable to play the game due to the Trials of Mana ‘Crashing on Startup’ with “Fatal Error” or crashing without any error message.
If you have been facing this issue, there are certain simple fix you can try. Here are the solutions that has the potential of resolving the error.
Fix 1: Graphics Card Drivers Update
If you have GeForce Experience installed on your PC, you can get the latest driver using the app or directly from the system. Follow the steps to update the graphics card driver.
- Right-click on My Computer or This PC and select Properties > Click on Device Manager (you can also follow this path Control Panel > System and Security > System > Click on Device Manager)
- Go to Display Adapter > select the Graphics card and right-click
- Click on Update driver and follow the on-screen instructions to update the drivers.
Once done, restart the computer and check if the crashing on startup issue still persists.
Fix 2: Install Nvidia Studio Driver
If your gaming rig is running on an Nvidia GPU, simply installing the Nvidia Studio driver instead of the Game Ready driver can fix the problem. As we explored various forums to find a resolution to this problem, we came across a number of users who resolved this error by simply installing the other Nvidia driver.
Our guess is that the Studio drivers have some hotfix that addresses this issue. However, this is not yet a fully-tested driver, so you may encounter other problems with the games. Regardless, if you want to give it a try, here is how you can do it.
If your system does not have the GeForce Experience, you need to download and install it first. Click on the link to download the latest version of GeForce Experience.
- Install the GeForce Experience.
- If you don’t have an account, follow the onscreen instructions to register and sign-in.
- Click on DRIVERS on the top-right corner.
- Then, click on CHECK FOR UPDATES on the top-left corner.
- Click on the three-dots next to CHECK FOR UPDATES and toggle-on Studio Driver.
- Now the Studio driver should be available for Download, click on the DOWNLOAD button in green.
- Once the download is complete, choose EXPRESS INSTALLATION and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation. (If prompted grant administrative privileges).
- After the installation completes, restart the system and check if Trials of Mana ‘Crashing on Startup’ still appears.
Fix 3: Windows Update
Updating the Windows operating system is simple. Follow the below steps to update the Windows OS.
- Go to Windows Settings by pressing Windows Key + I
- Select Update & Security
- Click on Check for Updates
- Windows will automatically check for updates, download, and install.
- Navigate below to find Download and install now under Optional updates available, click on Download and install now
- Allow the installation process to complete
With these fixes, hopefully, the problem of Trials of Mana ‘Crashing on Startup’ with “Fatal Error” is resolved for you. Feel free to share any fix that has worked for you.