Tower of Fantasy is a 3D immersive open-world game by Hatta. It will launch globally on August 10 for iOS, Android, and PC (Via Steam and Epic Games Store). The game will also be available for preload commencing August 9. However, like other online games, ToF also has several bugs and issues that prevent players from enjoying it. According to multiple reports, many players are currently experiencing crashing and update errors which are quite frustrating. Thankfully, there are a few methods you can try to fix the crashing and update error in Tower of Fantasy.
How to Fix Tower of Fantasy Crashing Error
Players are reporting on Twitter and Reddit that the game is frequently crashing and so they cannot access the game. Well, here we have covered all potential solutions to fix the crashing and update error in Tower of Fantasy.
1. Firstly, add the .exe file of Tower of Fantasy to your anti-virus exceptions. To know the process, you can refer to one of our posts that has the process for a wide range of software.
2. If your gaming device doesn’t meet the minimum system requirement, you may face crashing and update errors in Tower of Fantasy. In that case, you can contact the customer support team of ToF at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or you can also reach them by going to Menu >> Settings >> Base >> Customer Service.
If none of these methods work, don’t worry the game still is in the early version and hopefully, developers will optimize the game soon.
Fix Tower of Fantasy Crashing After Loading Screen
There are different types of crashes that users are facing with the game and the devs are aware. The devs have fixed some issues with the game but the crashing problem still persists. here is what you can do to fix Tower of Fantasy crashing after the loading screen.
- Press Windows Key + R and type regedit. Hit Enter to open the Registry Editor
- Go to – Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers or paste it in the search as shown in image 1.
- Right-click on the black space in the Window > New > DWORD (32 Bit) Value (refer to image 2)
- Name the new file TdrLevel
- Double-click on the new file
- Enter Hexadecimal Values as O and hit Ok to Save
- Reboot your computer now and launch the game.
If the game still does not launch, go through the same process again but rename the file to TdrDelay and choose the option to be Decimal and value to 10. Save and reboot the computer. The game should work now.
There is another fix that seems to work for some users especially if you’re stuck in a loading screen above 33%. For this have the game in Windowed mode and once you are past the 33% using your mouse, click on the top bar of the Window and start to shake the game. Apparently, this can help you with getting stuck at a certain percentage. So try it.
How to Fix Tower of Fantasy Update Error. Please Try Again
Conversely, if you are running into an update error in ToF, the only quick and easy solution is to free up some space on your PC or mobile device. Once done, the game should run smoothly without any issues.
That’s all we have to fix the crashing and update error in Tower of Fantasy.
Also check – How to redeem codes in Tower of Fantasy.
Update 1: Aug 13
A user has shared the below fix on our YouTube channel and it seems to work for a few although it’s not a guaranteed fix and some users did not fix the issue after trying. Here goes the fix.
1. Close Launcher
2. Go in your AppData\Local\Hotta\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor
3. Create a text document, then open it and copy those lines : [D3DRHIPreference] bPreferD3D12InGame=False
4. Register the file with the name : GameUserSettings.ini (it has to be a .ini, not a .txt)
5. Try to launch your game