Total War ROME REMASTERED brings improved visuals and includes a lot of modern features like enhanced camera, icon overlays and heat maps for diplomacy and security, 38 playable factions, and more. However, some players are unable to experience the new game due to launch problems. Users on Reddit and other forums are reporting of Total War ROME REMASTERED crash at startup, failed to launch, and won’t start.
Total War ROME REMASTERED may be failing to launch due to a range of reasons, but we suggest you first verify the system requirements to play the game. If the GPU or RAM does not meet the specifications that could be the reason for the game not launching. Here is everything you can try.
Fix Total War: ROME REMASTERED Crash at Startup, Failed to Launch, and Won’t Start
Some of the main reasons why a game crashes is a third-party software hindering with the game’s process, overclocking of the GPU, and overlays. However, there are a range of other causes that can lead to the Total War ROME REMASTERED crash at startup, failed to launch, and won’t start. Here are all the solutions.
Before you proceed with the solutions, you should know that sometimes some games do not pair well with certain hardware configuration and can conflict leading to launch problems. We will update the post when such problems are reported.
- Update the GPU driver and the OS. Outdated GPU driver is one of the most common reasons that leads to crash at startup.
- Launch the game after a clean boost. Search clean boot on our website and you should find the steps in any of the listed posts.
- Ensure that you are not overclocking. OC can have game crash. If you are using a software like MSI Afterburner, turn it off and try to launch the game.
- If you have connected a second display that may be the reason the game is crashing. Remove the secondary display such or monitors or projectors and attempt to play the game.
- If you have installed the game on an external drive, move it to the drive where Steam is installed and the game may launch normally. Additionally, you can also try to move the game to the drive where the OS is installed.
- Some users have reported that installing the game on Windows 10 OS fixes the crash at startup. So, if that’s an option you are willing to try, it may resolve the issue.
- Another software that known to crash the game is Rive Tuner, disable it and try to play the game.
- If the Total War ROME REMASTERED crash at startup is still occurring it could be due to overlays. Turn off the Steam, Discord, and GeForce Experience Overlay and see if that improves the situation.
- If you are getting mid-game crashes, it may have to do with the resolution. Try to lower the resolution or play the game in Windowed mode. As the game is crashing at startup, you may have to edit the config file of the game.
- If the crashes are occurring due to performance issues, installing the game on an SSD may resolve the problem.
Hopefully, the above solutions have resolved the Second Extinction crash at startup, won’t launch, or crashing at launch. If you have a better solution, let us know in the comments. We will update the post when we have more information about the issue. You can also use the comments to report any other type of error with the game.