The Outlast Trials – The latest survival horror game is out now via early access for PC. It is very well-crafted and appealing game, but unfortunately, some players have noticed and raised complaints on various forums that the texture is not loading properly while playing The Outlast Trials. This can be frustrating and impact your overall gaming experience. Well, this is one of the common problems in many online games and the good news is that it is fixable. In the below guide, you will find all the potential methods to fix this issue. Let’s learn how to fix The Outlast Trials texture not loading issue.
How to Fix The Outlast Trials Texture Not Loading Issue
Before you start the following troubleshooting guide, make sure to update your game to the latest version. If the game is already up-to-date and still you are experiencing a texture not loading issue in The Outlast Trials, then here we have covered all potential methods to fix this issue.
1. Repair Game Files
Some missing or corrupted game files are one of the main reasons why you are experiencing the texture is not loading issue in The Outlast Trials. To do this:
– Go to Steam Library
– Right-click on The Outlast Trials
– Click on Properties
– Go to the Local Files tab
– Click on Verify the integrity of game files
2. Update Your Graphics Drivers
The next solution we recommend is to update your graphics drivers to the latest version and check if this trick worked. For this:
– Go to Device Manager on your PC by pressing Win + X keys
– Expand the Display adapters category and right-click on your graphics card
– Select Update driver
– Select Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest drivers
– Once done, relaunch the game and you won’t experience the texture not loading issue in The Outlast Trials
3. Check Your Internet Connection
In case your internet connection has any issues, you may experience texture not loading issues in The Outlast Trials. We suggest:
– Try using a different WiFi connection if available
– Try resetting your router/modem and then check if the error persists
– Try switching your connection from WiFi to Wired
4. Clear Cache and Temp Files
Sometimes, corrupted cache and temp files can cause this issue so the next method we recommend is to clear cache and temp files and then check if that worked. To do this: Press Win + R keys >> Type %temp% >> Enter. In the newly opened window, select all files and delete them.
5. Lowering Graphic Settings
In case your hardware is not powerful enough and unable to manage the game on high settings, you might experience texture, not loading issues while playing the game. To lower the graphic settings, go to in-game settings >> Graphics and adjust all settings to Low or Medium and the issue should be fixed.
6. Use DX11
It is also recommended to use DX11 instead of DX12. Here is how you can change it using Steam.
Go to Steam Library >> right-click on the game >> Properties >> General >> under the launch option, type -dx11.
Once done, relaunch the game and the issue should be fixed.
7. Increase Virtual Memory
In the next method, we will try increasing virtual memory and then check if the issue is fixed or not. To do that:
– Go to the Start Menu and click on Settings
– Type performance
– Choose to Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows
– In the new window, go to the Advanced tab and under the Virtual memory section, click on Change
– At the bottom of the new window, check what the Recommended value is and how it compares to the Currently allocated
– If the current setting is significantly less than the recommended, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box at the top of the same windows and then click on Custom size
– Enter the Recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the Maximum size box
– Click Ok to save the new settings
That’s it for this guide. We have covered all potential methods to fix The Outlast Trials texture not loading issue.
Read next: How to fix The Outlast Trials lighting bug.