Experiencing a lost save issue in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom can be incredibly disheartening for players invested in the game. However, there are steps that can be taken to address this problem and potentially recover lost progress. This article provides a comprehensive guide to help players troubleshoot and fix the lost save issue, ensuring that they can continue their adventure in the game.
Read: Fix The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Not Launching
How to Fix The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Lost Save Data
If your data is also gone in The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom then don’t worry. You must try the below-given steps to recover it.
Ensure that you are not logged in as a different User
Sometimes, the lost save issue can occur if you are logged in as a different user on your Nintendo Switch console. Make sure that you are using the correct user account associated with the saved game data. Switch to the appropriate user account and launch the game to see if the saved progress is restored.
Redownload the game
If the saved game data is missing or corrupted, you can try redownloading the game to see if it resolves the issue. Go to the Nintendo eShop and log in with the appropriate user account. Search for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and download the game again. Launch the game after the download is complete and check if your saved progress is restored.
Attempt to save progress in a different game, then reset the console to factory settings
This method involves using a different game to trigger a save and then resetting the console to factory settings. By doing so, it may help resolve any underlying issues causing the lost save problem. Follow these steps:
- Start a different game and play for a while until you reach a point where you can save your progress.
- Save the game and exit.
- Go to the Nintendo Switch system settings and select “System.”
- Scroll down and choose “Initialize” or “Reset.”
- Follow the on-screen instructions to reset the console to factory settings.
- After the reset is complete, reinstall The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and launch the game to see if the lost save issue has been resolved.
Recover The Legend of Zelda
Tears of the Kingdom from the Nintendo Switch SD card: If you have saved game data on the SD card, there is a possibility of recovering The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom from it. Follow these steps:
- Power off your Nintendo Switch console.
- Remove the SD card from the console.
- Insert the SD card into a computer or laptop with an SD card reader.
- Use data recovery software (such as Recuva or Disk Drill) to scan the SD card and recover any deleted or lost files.
- Look for the saved game data files related to The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and restore them to a location of your choice.
- Insert the SD card back into the Nintendo Switch console.
- Launch the game and check if your saved progress is recovered.
Download The Legend of Zelda data from the eShop on Nintendo
If you have unintentionally deleted the entire game from your console without any local backups, you can try re-downloading the game from the Nintendo Switch eShop. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Nintendo Switch eShop with the user account associated with the lost save data.
- Search for The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom and select it.
- Choose “Re-download” under “Account Information” in the eShop.
- Click the cloud download button to initiate the re-download process.
- Once the download is complete, launch the game and check if your saved progress is restored.
Read next: Fix War Thunder Not Using GPU and Crashing at 100% GPU Usage