The Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris error Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted System File errors occurs when the Easy Anti-cheat suspects some files on the system as untrusted. This can happen with any file on the system. The anti-cheat thinks that the System32 folder is corrupt and you are trying to cheat, this leads to the error. The error appears as – Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\dbgcore.dll)
We have some fixes that can potentially resolve this error. Between each fix restart the system and check if the error is fixed.
Fix 1: Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio
Reinstalling the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 is the first fix you must try to repair the Easy Anti-Cheat error. To perform the steps, you must follow the guidelines set by Microsoft. Here are the steps.
- Uninstall all the current Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. There will be a bunch of them on your system. (Control Panel > Uninstall a program > Right-click on all the programs one at a time and uninstall)
- Download both vc_redist.x64.exe and vc_redist.x86.exe from the Official Website
- After the download is complete, install both the software following the on-screen prompts.
After the install is complete, restart the system and try playing the game. Check if the Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris Easy Anti-Cheat: Untrusted system file (C:\Windows\System32\dbgcore.dll) error occurs.
Fix 2: Exclude the Game Folder from Windows Virus and Threat Protection
Often times, the cause of the problem is the antivirus or the Windows Virus and Threat Protection. You must include the Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris folder in the exclusion list of programs monitored by the Windows Defender or the third-party antivirus software.
Windows Virus & Threat Protection
- Press Windows Key + I and select Update & Security
- Click on Windows Security, select Virus & Threat Protection
- Under Virus & threat protection settings, click on Manage settings
- Locate Exclusions by scrolling down, click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion and select Folder
- And set exclusion for the Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris folder.
Fix 3: Verify Integrity of Game Files
If the above fixes have failed to repair the issue, it may be fixed by repairing the game file. You can do it by verifying the game files.
- Launch the Steam client
- From the LIBRARY, right-click on Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris and select Properties
- Go to LOCAL FILES and click on VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…
- Allow the process to complete and try launching the game.
If the above fixes have failed to resolve the issue, let us know in the comments and we will try and guide you. You can also share your fix if you have any.