Steam is an incredible platform that redefined PC gaming. It continues its reign as the best PC games store on Steam Deck, desktop, and laptop. But many Steam users are left struggling with the error “Servers are too busy”. Due to this error, users are unable to open any games or programs. The exact error message reads – “The Steam servers are too busy to handle your request – Error Code 2. If you are receiving the same error and cannot access any games on Steam, then this guide will take you through all potential solutions to fix this error.
Fixing Steam Error Code 2 – Servers Are Too Busy
Many players are having a hard time because they are running into the “Error code 2 – Servers are too busy” error while launching a game or when attempting to upload content to Steam. Thankfully, there are a few workarounds you can try to fix this error.
1. First and most important, check the current status of the Steam servers and know if the servers are actually too busy. Click here and know the status. If the servers are down, the error will get eliminated automatically once their servers are back online.
2. One of the reasons why you are receiving the “The servers are too busy” error is due to a network issue, so the next thing is to make sure your internet connection is working fine and stable. You can also try restarting your router/modem once and/or trying using a Wired connection instead of WiFi as it offers a more stable and reliable connection.
3. If Steam is not able to recognize content when players attempt to upload it on the server, then they receive this error. Therefore, disabling Steam family sharing should be your next move to fix this error. For that:
– Open Steam
– Go to Steam > Settings
– Click on Family
– Untick Authorize Library Sharing on this computer
– Click Ok to save changes
4. If any particular game is having any missing or corrupted files, then it can cause this error. So, try verifying the integrity of game files and check if the error is fixed or not. For this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the problematic game >> Select Properties >> Go to Local Files and click on “Verify the integrity of game files”. Once the scanning is done, try accessing Steam and/or your game and you are good to go.
5. Sometimes, your third-party antivirus software prevents the Steam process from running smoothly. If that is the case, try disabling third-party antivirus programs and then try restarting your game.
6. Changing the download server is also one of the best methods to resolve the “Servers are too busy – error code 2” error. For this:
– Open up the Steam and click on Steam on the top-left corner
– Next, click on Settings and move it to the Downloads
– Under Download Region and then click on the drop-down menu and then select another nearest Country
– Click on Ok and lastly restart Steam client and the error should be fixed now
7. As a last resort, try uninstalling Steam and reinstalling its latest version.
That’s all for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will do the trick and resolve the error “Servers are too busy – Error code 2”.
Also learn – How to fix Steam suck in offline mode issue.