Steam Deck is an extremely popular handheld gaming device. It is designed to run PC games so that players can take their entire Steam library on the go. However, like other gaming devices, Steam Deck also has multiple bugs and technical glitches such as desktop mode not working, the controller not working, friend list and chat box blank, among others.
One of the common issues of Steam Deck is that it gets stuck on the logo or loading screen issue. Due to this issue, players are unable to use and play Steam Deck. If you are also experiencing the same problem, here is how you can fix it with some quick and easy workarounds.
How to Fix Steam Deck Stuck On Logo Or Loading Screen Issue
There could be multiple reasons why your Steam Deck is stuck on the logo or loading screen. This guide has covered all possible solutions to get rid of this problem.
1. The very first and quick method to resolve this issue is to force restart the device. For this: hold down the Power button for about 3 to 5 seconds and the device will be restarted automatically and the issue should be fixed now.
2. Switching on battery storage is also one of the best methods to resolve this issue. For this:
– Shut it down and unplug your device
– Hold Volume+ and press the Power button
– Go to Setup utility >> Power
– Select “Battery storage mode and then press Enter
– Wait for it to shut down completely
– Plug the charger in and lastly restart your device
3. If the above method doesn’t work in your case, try rolling back to the previous firmware and check if that helped. To do this:
– Go to the Steam support page and download the Steam recovery image and then try connecting the Steam deck through USB to create a backup.
– Now, restart your Steam Deck and you will be able to roll back to the previous firmware by opening up the boot menu and selecting the previous version.
– At last, restart your device and you are good to go.
4. You can also try restarting your device by pressing and holding down the power button until the Steam Deck completely turns off. Then wait for about a minute and then press the power button again and turn it back on.
5. Some users have managed to resolve this issue by changing their display settings. In case your game doesn’t support a high refresh rate, you might face this issue. If that is the case, try changing the display settings to a 30 Hz refresh rate instead of 60 Hz.
That’s everything you can try fixing Steam Deck stuck on the logo or loading screen issue.
Read more: The Steam Deck can be repair but it is not cheap!