Developed and published by Offworld Industries, Starship Troopers: Extermination – The latest first-person action shooter game is out now. It features wave-based combat and bespoke customization. This game can be played by up to 12 players in squads of four. However, like major games, this game also has a few bugs and glitches. Some players are reporting that they are experiencing stuttering, lag, and FPS drop issues. Such issues occur due to multiple reasons such as high latency, hardware limitations, outdated drivers, and software conflicts, among others. Thankfully, these issues can be fixed with some quick and easy workarounds. In this guide, we have covered all potential solutions to fix Starship Troopers: Extermination stuttering, lag, and FPS drop issue.
How to Fix Starship Troopers: Extermination Stuttering, Lag, and FPS Drop
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to go through the following quick methods and check if the stuttering, lag, and FPS drop issue is fixed in Starship Troopers: Extermination.
1. Update your GPU drivers to the latest version
2. Repair corrupted or missing game files: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files.
3. Close all other programs and applications running in the background.
4. Try running the game in Full Screen instead of Windowed borderless.
5. Try disabling your antivirus program and then run the game. In addition, if you are using Windows Defender as an antivirus program, simply switch it off before launching the game.
After performing these quick steps, if the issue persists, below are the more advanced methods you can try to fix this issue.
1. Check the System Requirements
First and foremost, make sure your system is powerful enough to run the game smoothly on your PC. Click here and check the minimum and recommended system requirements.
2. Limit VRAM Usage of the Game
Try limiting the game’s GPU RAM usage to 60% to 70% and check if this trick worked. You can find these settings in the Game Graphics Settings >> Quality >> Video Memory Scale. It has worked for some players so it might work for you too.
3. Change Graphics Settings
You can also resolve this issue by changing graphics settings. To do this: Go to the Main Menu >> Graphics settings and adjust the below setting:
– FPS cap set to 120
– FSR 2, Quality Mode set to Performance. You will find this under Advanced >> Upscaling > AMD FSR 2
– Motion Blue: Off
– Depth of Field: Off
4. Switch to DirectX 11
If you are playing the game on DirectX 12, then try switching it to DirectX 11 and check if that helped to eliminate the issue. Here is what you need to do:
– Close the game if it is running
– Return to Steam and right-click on ‘Starship Troopers: Extermination’
– Select ‘Properties’
– Go to the ‘General’ tab and then select ‘Launch options’
– In that box, type in -dx11
5. Reinstall the Game
If nothing worked, your last resort is to uninstall the game completely from your system and reinstall it.
That’s it for this guide. One of these methods will help you to fix Starship Troopers: Extermination stuttering, lag, and FPS drop.