Starfield, the highly anticipated space exploration game, has captured the hearts of gamers around the world. However, as with any complex game, bugs and glitches can sometimes disrupt the immersive experience. One such bug that has frustrated players is the “Heart of Mars” quest bug, preventing them from accessing this vital in-game item. In this article, we will delve into the details of this bug and provide step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
How to Fix Starfield Heart of Mars Quest Bug
The Heart of Mars quest in Starfield is a crucial part of the game, leading players on a journey to uncover a mysterious and valuable item. However, some players have encountered a bug where the Heart appears to glitch underneath the floor, making it seemingly impossible to retrieve. This bug can be a source of great frustration, but fear not—there is a solution.
Using Console Commands
One method to address the Heart of Mars bug is by using console commands. This workaround is available to PC players, but it’s essential to note that using cheats will disable achievements in the game. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use console commands to fix the bug:
- Open the Console: While in-game, press the Tilde key (~) on your keyboard to open the command console. This is where you can input various cheat codes and commands.
- Disable Collision: Type the command “tcl” and press Enter. “tcl” stands for “toggle collision,” and it temporarily disables collision detection in the game. This allows your character to move freely through terrain and objects.
- Access the Heart: With collision detection disabled, you can now navigate through the floor to reach the Heart of Mars. Approach the boulder or deposit containing the Heart and get as close as possible.
- Mine the Boulder: Use your cutter tool to mine the boulder or deposit. Interact with it as you would with any other resource in the game.
- Re-enable Collision: After successfully obtaining the Heart of Mars, it’s crucial to return the game to its normal state. Type “tcl” in the command console again and press Enter to toggle collision detection back on.
Check Alternative Caves
Another potential solution to the Heart of Mars bug is to explore different caves. One player reported success by focusing on a cave located at the planet’s South Pole. It’s possible that the quest item spawned in an alternative cave, leading to the bug in the designated location. Utilize your scanner to search for the item and then mine it once located.
Reload a Previous Save
As Starfield features procedurally generated caves, the bug may be specific to the current version of the cave you are exploring. If you’re experiencing the bug, consider reloading a previous save and initiating the Heart of Mars quest again. This time, pay close attention to whether the issue persists or not.
Find the Perfect Angle with Your Cutter
Several players have mentioned that adjusting the angle at which they use their cutter can resolve the bug. Specifically, aim for the left side of the boulder under which the quest item is located, and then mine it. This change in approach might be the key to successfully obtaining the Heart of Mars.