Starfield is out now on PC and Xbox. This is Bethesda’s long-awaited space epic action role-playing game. Although, Bethesda has dedicated its full attention to delving into the enigmatic and expansive space with Starfield, some bugs and technical glitches kill the overall gaming experience. Lately, many players are running into an error that reads – “This save relies on content that is no longer available”. Like many other Starfield gamers, if you are also confused about what this error is all about and how to fix it, then check out this guide.
According to reports, we can say that this particular error triggers only when you move your Xbox save game files to your PC. Are you also receiving the same error? Then worry not and check out this guide to fix the error.
How to Fix Starfield Error ‘This Save Relies on Content That is No Longer Available’
The technical glitches and errors are frustrating as they hinder your overall gaming experience. Thankfully, we have come across a few potential methods to fix Starfield error ‘This save relies on content that is no longer available’.
1. Make Sure You Have Premium Edition of the Game
Check if the premium edition content is properly installed on your PC. For this, before you launch the game, go to the listing of your game in the library and install the Premium Edition Content along with the Old Mars Skin Pack add-ons. Once you do this, relaunch the game and you should not see the error.
2. Move These Game Files
In the next method, you need to move some game files. The steps are pretty straightforward.
– Go to C:\XboxGames. There you will see three folders: Starfield, Constellation, and Old Mars.
– Open the folder ‘Constellation’, copy all its files, and paste them into the ‘Starfield’ folder.
– Next, go to the Constellation\Content\Data folder and copy all three files in there, then paste them into the Starfield\Content\Data folder.
– Now, go to the ‘Old Mars’ folder copy all the files, and paste them into the ‘Starfield’ folder.
– Then, go to the Old Mars\Content\Data folder copy the three files in there, and paste them into the Starfield\Content\Data folder.
– Once done, relaunch the game and the error should be eliminated.
That’s everything you can try fixing Starfield error ‘This save relies on content that is no longer available’. These methods have worked for many players so it might work for you too.
Read next: Starfield – How to get and use laser cutter.