Starfield is one of the most highly anticipated role-playing games by Bethesda Game Studios. This thrilling interstellar game offers stunning visuals, an expansive open world, and an incredible story. However, some players are reporting that they are seeing a black screen on their PC while accessing the game. Experiencing a black screen issue can be frustrating as it disrupts the overall gaming experience. Thankfully, there are a few things you can try to get rid of this issue and here we have provided all the potential methods to fix it.
How to Fix Starfield Black Screen on PC
Black screen issues on PC while playing Starfield can occur due to several factors including outdated graphics drivers, compatibility issues, system conflicts, and missing or corrupted game files, among others. Stick to this guide and go through a complete step-by-step guide to fix Starfield’s black screen on your PC.
1. Check System Requirements
Before you move to the following troubleshooting methods, make sure to check the minimum and recommended system requirements to play the game smoothly on your device.
2. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can also be the reasons behind Starfield’s black screen issue. Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer and get the latest drivers for your GPU. Install them and restart your PC.
3. Repair Game Files
The next method we recommend is to repair game files. This can help fix corrupted or missing game files. For this: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on the game >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify the integrity of game files. After the process, relaunch the game.
4. Update Windows
Make sure your Windows OS is updated to the latest version. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues. So, simply update your Windows and check if the issue is resolved.
5. Run the Game as an Administrator
If the issue persists, worry not and try running the game as an administrator. To do this:
– Go to the folder where the game is installed on your system.
– Right-click on the game’s.exe file >> Properties >> Compatibility tab >> Run this program as an administrator >> Apply >> Ok.
– Once done, relaunch the game and the black screen issue in Starfield should be fixed now.
6. Run the Game in Windowed Mode
Sometimes, you see a black screen while playing online games including Starfield because you are playing the game in full-screen mode. If that is the case, try playing the game in Windowed Mode and check if this trick worked to resolve the issue.
– Launch the game and go to its settings or options menu.
– Locate the display or graphics settings.
– Find the option for display mode or full-screen mode.
– Select the windowed mode or borderless windowed mode option.
– Save the changes and restart the game.
7. Lower In-Game Graphics Settings
If the issue persists, try lowering the in-game graphics settings. Besides, try turning off the following features in display settings:
– Texture details
– Shadow effect
That’s it for this guide. Hopefully, one of these methods will help you to fix Starfield’s black screen on your PC.
Read next: Starfield – How to plant the Arc Device.