Sonic Frontiers has been out for a while now. This newest high-speed adventure offers better visuals and improved gameplay mechanics. But some gamers are reporting that their controller or gamepad is not working while playing the game. A controller or gamepad takes the whole online gaming experience to the next level. And when it doesn’t work, it kills the real fun of the game. However, there are several reasons why the controller or gamepad is not working in Sonic Frontiers. In this guide, we have provided all potential solutions to fix the Sonic Frontiers controller or gamepad not working issue on PC.
How to Fix Sonic Frontiers Controller or Gamepad Not Working on PC
If your controller or gamepad is recognized but not working while playing Sonic Frontiers, it is bound to affect the whole gaming experience. But don’t worry, here we have covered all possible solutions to fix the Sonic Frontiers controller or gamepad not working issue on PC.
Before you start the following troubleshooting steps, make sure to:
– Restart the game once
– Restart your PC
If the issue persists even after trying these basic steps, go through the following workarounds:
1. Enable or Disable Steam Input
This method has worked for many players so it might work for you too. To enable Steam input:
– Go to Steam Library
– Find the game Sonic Frontiers and right-click on it and go to its “Properties”
– Go to the Controller tab and select “Enable Steam input” instead of “Use default settings”
– Once done, relaunch the game and your controller or gamepad will start running well without any problems
However, if you are still facing the same issue, try to disable Steam input once and then try again.
2. Configure the Controller
The next method is to configure the controller. Here are some simple steps to follow:
– Go to Steam settings and go to the Controller tab
– Then click on “General Controller Settings” and click on “Continue”
– Now, click on “PlayStation Configuration Support” (For PS controller) or click on “Xbox Configuration Support” (For Xbox controller)
– Once done, relaunch the game and your controller or gamepad will start working fine
3. Remove all Other External USB Devices
Sometimes, other external devices interfere with the controller or gamepad from working or connecting properly with Sonic Frontier. So, try removing all other external USB devices like Razer Tartarus, Hotas, Wheel, and Joystick, and once done, try connecting or using your gamepad or controller in Sonic Frontiers.
4. Launch Steam in Big Picture Mode
Launching Steam in Big Picture Mode is also one of the best methods to resolve the controller or gamepad-related issues in Sonic Frontiers. This tactic is straightforward.
Launch Steam and click on the “Big Picture” button featured on the top right corner of your screen. You can also activate it by pressing the home button on your controller while using the Steam client.
5. Set Steam Input Per Game Settings as Forced ON or Forced OFF
If the above solutions don’t work, try setting Steam input per game settings as Forced ON or Forced OFF. To do so:
– First of all, launch the game in Big Picture Mode as shown above.
– Then go to Library.
– Click on the game and then click on “Manage Game”.
– Go to “Controller Options”
– And lastly, select “Forced On” and click on Ok.
Once done, launch the game and check if the issue is resolved or not. If not, then follow the same process and select “Forced Off” and check if the issue is resolved or not.
6. For PS5 Users: Install ReWASD / DS4 Windows
If you are using PlayStation 5 to play Sonic Frontiers, try installing reWASD / DS4 Windows which you will get from the internet.
That’s all for this guide – Hopefully, one of these methods should help to fix the Sonic Frontiers controller or gamepad not working on PC issues.