Released in 2018 – Sea of Thieves is one of the popular action-adventure games published by Xbox Game Studios. This game allows gamers to take on the role of pirates, sail the high seas, and complete several challenging missions and quests. However, the game has numerous bugs and technical glitches such as stuck on the loading screen, crashing without error, a black screen, etc. One of the common issues many players have been experiencing for a long is can’t invite friends. According to reports, players are unable to invite their friends to play SoT in multiplayer mode. If you also happen to have come across this problem and are looking for the best methods to fix it, then this guide will help you to get rid of it.
How to Fix Sea of Thieves Can’t Invite Friends Issue
Regrettably, at the time of writing this guide, we have not come across any official words or methods to get rid of this issue where players are unable to invite their friends to Sea of Thieves. However, we have provided a few potential solutions which you can try to resolve this issue.
1. First of all, restart your game as well as your Xbox console because sometimes a simple restart can help to fix connection-related issues. If this quick trick doesn’t help, try the following methods.
2. The next method we suggest is to check your Xbox Live privacy settings and make sure it is set to allow you to connect with your friends. For this: Go to your Xbox Live account settings and select “Privacy & online safety”, under “Xbox Live Privacy”, make sure to set “Allow” following both options:
– Join multiplayer games
– You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice and text
3. If you are experiencing this issue on your Xbox then make sure your NAT type is set to Open. For this: Go to My Games & Apps >> Settings & Network >> Current Network Status >> Test NAT.
4. If that doesn’t help to resolve this issue, make sure your internet connection is fast and stable. If it has any issues, there are multiple methods you can try to troubleshoot your internet connection-related issues such as:
– Try using a different WiFi (If available)
– Try resetting your router or modem by unplugging the power cable from the router/modem, waiting for about 2 to 3 minutes, reconnecting the power cable, and checking if that worked
– Switch your connection of WiFi to Wired/Ethernet
– Disconnect other devices from the network to improve the speed and performance of your gaming device as well as game
5. Make sure your game is updated to the latest version because an outdated game can also cause a can’t invite friends issue in Sea of Thieves.
That’s everything you can try to fix the Sea of Thieves can’t invite friends.
Read more: How to customize your ship in Sea of Thieves.