Undoubtedly, Scarlet Nexus is one of the best titles of this year 2021. This game is released for PS4, PS5, Windows, Xbox Series X, and Series S. So far, this game has earned positive reviews worldwide from critics. However, many players are experiencing several issues such as the game is not launching and crashing at startup. If you’re facing the same issue, here we are going to show you some of the best solutions to fix these problems.
If your game is crashing due to UE4 fatal error, refer to this linked post.
How to fix SCARLET NEXUS Not Launching and Crashing at Startup
Here are some of the best and possible solutions you can try to fix SCARLET NEXUS not launching and crashing at startup.
1. Make sure your system has updated GPU Driver and Operating System (OS):
This is very important! Before we proceed to any solutions to fix these issues, make sure your system has a full and updated GPU driver and OS. Outdated and Beta drivers are one of the main reasons for such errors. So, check once and if you find any latest update, get it done first.
If both of the things are already updated and still you’re facing the same error, then follow these instructions.
2. Verify Integrity of Game Files:
The second and the most important thing you need to do is to verify the integrity of game files. In case, any of the files are corrupted or missing, it can create issues while launching the game. In order to check the integrity of game files, follow these steps:
- Restart your PC
- Go to Library
- Then Right-click on Scarlet Nexus
- Then click on Properties.
- Select the Local files tab and click the ‘Verify integrity of game files’ button.
This process may take a few minutes in which Steam will verify the game’s files.
3. Perform a clean boot:
Clean Boot is one of the best troubleshooting methods that help to identify the service or application which is causing a particular issue. Usually, this method can be performed when Non-Microsoft products cause software clashes. In order to run the Scarlet Nexus game in a clean boot, here are the steps.
- Press the “Windows + R” key to open a Run box.
- Type MSConfig and click OK.
- On the General tab, click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load startup items check box.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
- Click Disable all.
- Click the Startup tab.
- Click Open Task Manager.
- On the Startup tab, right-click each enabled startup item and select Disable.
- Then click OK.
- Click Restart.
Once restarted, launch the game and the game will start running smoothly without any crashing issues.
4. Disable Discord Overlay:
Certain Overlays prevent the game from launching smoothly, that includes Steam Overlay, Discord Overlay, etc. So, by disabling all such Overlays, you can fix crashing and not launching the Scarlet Nexus game easily. Following are the steps:
- Launch the Discord app and then click on the gear icon at the bottom.
- Under App Settings, select Overlay
- Click on the Enable in-game overlay
- Click on the Games tab
- Select Scarlet Nexus
- Toggle off the overlay
- Launch the game and that’s it
Any of these solutions would surely fix Scarlet Nexus Not Launching and Crashing at Startup issues. Do not miss to check out our next post – How to Increase the Bond Level in Scarlet Nexus.