Under certain situations there might be a problem with the router/modem that could be preventing you from connecting to a game’s server. In such a case, the PS5 tethering can be used. Player without a reliable home internet also rely on the tethering. Needless to say you need to know how to tether PS5 to your phone. In this guide, we will fix PS5 tethering not working and how to do it right.
Why PS5 Tethering Is Not Working?
The PS5 tethering not working issues can be caused due to a bunch of reasons. The most obvious is the developers made the device with the intention of connecting with either an Ethernet cable or the Wi-Fi. So, naturally there can be problems when you try to tether. The way the console interacts with mobile operating system or devices such as Android and iPhone is different.
Even when you are able to connect the phone’s internet to the console, the signal can be weak. This happen due to the two wireless connections that phone has to make – one with the internet and the other with the PS4. The entire process makes the bandwidth slow and not ideal for playing games. But, there is a way to tether the phone to PS4. Keep reading to know more.
How To Tether Phone To PS5?
Here are the steps you can follow to tether a phone to a PS5 on iPhone and Android devices.
- Enable the mobile hotspot from the Phone Settings.
- Open the PS5 Connectivity Settings.
- Look for the device name in the list of Wi-Fi devices.
- Connect to the device. (use the pre-set password or the default password to connect)
- Next, Test the connection to ensure it’s ideal for playing games.
In case the speed of the connection is slow and you are unable to play games that demand fast connection like Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Black Ops Cold War, Godfall, or Watch Dogs Legion, here are the steps you can follow to improve the PS5 tethered connection speed.
- Try establishing a new connection after rebooting the PS5.
- Try moving the phone to a location with a better signal or closer to the PS5.
- Don’t keep the phone in another location or objects obstructing the connection.
That’s all we have in this guide, we hope you now know how to tether phone to PS5 and resolve any problems connecting to the console.