Pokemon Showdown is an extremely popular online battle simulator for the Pokemon game franchise. It allows gamers to build their own teams and play against other players in real-time with different formats like Single Battle, Double Battle, and Custom. It is free to use and has several features including real-time battle animations, team analysis tools, and a chat system so that the players can communicate with each other while playing. However, some players report that the Pokemon Showdown is not working for them. If are experiencing the same issue, this guide will help you get rid of this issue.
How to Fix Pokemon Showdown Not Working Issue
Pokemon Shutdown requires online access to load and function properly so if that is not working for you, the very first and obvious method is to make sure your internet connection is working properly. If it doesn’t have any issues, however, there could be some other reasons why Pokemon Showdown is not working, this guide has covered all potential solutions to fix this issue.
1. Make sure your Windows is updated to the latest version as an outdated version can cause Pokemon Showdown not working issue.
2. An outdated game version can also cause this issue and so make sure to update the game to the latest version.
3. Next, make sure the Showdown server is up and running fine. If it is down due to a sudden outage or scheduled maintenance, it won’t work and the issue will get resolved automatically once their services resume. You can check the current server status on their official Twitter page or use a third-party tool like isitdownrightnow.com.
4. In case your Firewall program is blocking the Pokemon Showdown from connecting to the server, it won’t work so make sure your Firewall app doesn’t have any restrictions.
5. One of the classic methods to fix this issue is to clear your browser cache and cookies from your browser’s settings and check if that helped.
6. If nothing worked, try reaching out to the Pokemon Showdown support team for further assistance. They may be able to help you troubleshoot the issue.
That’s everything you can try to fix the Pokemon Showdown not working issue.