Users trying to play the recently released PGA are encountering a network bug – the PGA Tour 2K21 Error Code HB RS 1702. While it’s likely the bug is at the server end, there are certain things you can do to resolve the error. The developers of the game have acknowledged in a Tweet that the game servers are experiencing problems and they are working on a fix. However, as we have observed with other games, sometimes a particular ISP has a problem connecting to a specific game server. It’s happened with so many popular titles recently like GTA, Call of Duty, and others.
Therefore, to fix the error the first thing you must try is restart the game and if that fails, try changing your ISP or network connection. If you are on a wired connection, change it to Wi-Fi. If you are using a Wi-Fi, try switching to a LAN connection or mobile hotspot.
As we browsed through forums, we found that this to be the most effective fix for the error code HB RS 1702. It’s a weird fix, but until the developers resolve the problem on their end, it’s the best that you got.
As the error goes to suggest a connectivity problems, it’s always best that you follow the do’s of playing an online game, even when the error occurs in solo mode. Here are the best practices.
Fix PGA Tour 2K21 Error Code HB RS 1702
Here are some network troubleshooting you can consider.
- Switch to a wired internet connection such as Powerline, Ethernet Cable, or MoCA. Using Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot can be the cause of several errors in games.
- For Console Players, clear the cache if you are on Xbox and PS4 players hard reset the console. Users on PC, reboot the system and try playing the game.
- Reset the internet router or modem
- Cable connections, fiber, and DSL offer the best gaming experience. On the other hand, internet service providers such as satellite, wireless, and cellular are less reliable for online gaming.
- If a wired internet connection is not an option, consider:
- Changing the channel on your wireless router; ideally, the one that is used the least.
- Try shifting from 2.4GHz to 5GHz or vice versa.
- Ensure that the router is placed closer to the console or PC and not blocked by a wall or other obstacles that can block the Wi-Fi signal.
- Adjust the router’s antennae.
- Change your network connection. Try using a different internet connection. If you are using Wi-Fi, try playing the game through your mobile internet.
- Do not use other devices on the same network such as tablets, cell phones, etc. while playing PGA Tour 2K21.
- Terminate bandwidth-intensive tasks such as Netflix, YouTube, or other video streaming services, file transfer (torrents), etc.
- Ensure you are using the latest hardware and firmware. Get in touch with your ISP and ensure the network equipment such as modems, cables, routers, switches, etc. are all up-to-date and working as intended.
- Ensure your NAT type is Open.
- Call the ISP for help with the problem.
That’s all we have for now. We hope you have your resolution to the PGA Tour 2K21 Error Code HB RS 1702.