Pathfinder Wrath of the Righteous has been a fan favorite after the success of Pathfinder: Kingmaker from the developer Owlcat Games. While the previous game was great and the current title does feel like a continuation, the last things users expect when they boot up a game they have waited for is to meet to have the game not launch. Players are complaining of Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous crashing at startup, won’t start, or not launching. For a lot of users the game crashes after character creation. If you are faced with the crashing problem with the game, here are some solutions you can try at the time.
Fix Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Crash after Character Creation, Crashing at Startup, Won’t Start, or Not Launching
Before you start with the solutions, ensure that you meet the minimum specifications to play the game. If the PC does not meet the requirements to play the game, it’s likely to crash. Here are the solutions you can try to fix Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous crash at startup and not launching issues.
- Update the graphics card drivers
- One of the most common reasons for game crashing at startup is an outdated GPU driver software. With some luck, simply updating the GPU driver should resolve the crashing problem for you.
- Launch the system in clean boot environment
- Boot up the system in a clean boot environment and then, launch the game. A clean boot environment ensures that there are no third-party software interfering with the game and causing the crash. Here are the steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and type msconfig, hit Enter > Services tab > Check Hide all Microsoft services > click Disable all > Startup tab > click Open Task Manager > Disable one task at a time and reboot the PC.
- Verify integrity of game files
- While installing the game, the files can sometimes get corrupted. A corrupted game is likely to crash. Hence, to fix the Humankind crashing at startup, verify the integrity of game files. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Launch the Steam Client > go to Library > right-click Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous > Properties > Go to Local Files > click on Verify Integrity of Game Files
Some other solutions you can try
- Launch the game from the Executable located in the install folder.
- Start the game in Windowed Mode.
- Disable the Steam Overlay.
That’s all in this guide. Hope you were able to fix the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Crashing, Won’t Start and Crash at Startup. This guide is a work-in-progress. As we learn more about the problems we will update this post.