Overwatch 2 is an extremely popular free-to-play action game developed by Blizzard Entertainment. Like many other games, Overwatch 2 also offers a voice chat function that allows gamers to communicate with each other while playing matches. Undeniably, the voice chat function provides a more engaging and immersive gaming experience but unfortunately, some players report that currently the voice chat function is not working or functioning properly in Overwatch 2. Well, in this guide, we will check out what are the reasons behind this issue and how you can fix it with some quick and easy workarounds.
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Voice Chat Not Working Issue 2023
There are multiple reasons why the voice chat function may not be working in Overwatch 2 such as:
– Incorrect in-game settings
– Firewall restrictions
– Software conflicts
– In-game bugs or glitches
– Parental controls
This guide covered all potential solutions to get rid of this problem.
1. Firstly, simply restart the game as well as your PC. This simple trick will help to eliminate any minor issue with the voice chat function.
2. Secondly, when you’re in the group settings, press R1 over to “Groups” and then on channel you have to unmute yourself (the little green headset) but you have to have your mic muted first (physically mute your headset) and then you unmute yourself on the game. Next your headset and it will resolve the issue.
This method has suggested by a player on Reddit and it worked for some players. So, it might work for you too.
3. If you or your parents have enabled parental controls, make sure the voice chat function is enabled. In addition, check in-game settings and make sure you are not muted.
4. Furthermore, check Privacy Settings in your Battle.net account and ensure to enable voice chat option. Also try clearing Battle.net app cache to clear out temporary files and data.
5. Next, make sure your headset/microphone is connected properly and not faulty or damaged.
6. It is also possible that in-game settings are not correct. To check, click on the Options and tap on Sound and make sure that Group Voice Chat and Team Voice Chat both are set as “Auto Join”.
7. Besides, try updating your drivers to the latest version. Just in case the OS and Device drivers are outdated, it can cause multiple issues including voice chat not working.
8. At times, the voice chat function may not work properly due to conflicts with other apps or software running in the background. In that case, make sure that your PC is not running any other programs like Discord that might interfere with the voice chat function.
9. Firewall or network restrictions can also be one of the reasons why Overwatch 2 voice chat is not working. Therefore, try checking the network settings of reaching out to your internet service provider.
10. If none of the above solutions worked, then it must be an in-game bug or glitch. So, the last resort is to contact the support team for further assistance.
That is everything you can try fixing Overwatch 2 voice chat not working issue.
Read next: How to fix Overwatch 2 stuck on applying update error.