Overwatch 2 is a very popular team-based multiplayer shooter game by Blizzard Entertainment. This new installment features new maps, game modes, and updated graphics. Overwatch 2 was released in October 2022 but still, the game has been facing many performance issues, bugs, and technical glitches.
However, like any other big title, Overwatch 2 also has several bugs and errors. Some of the common issues and errors we have covered are stuck on applying update error, failed to connect to the game server, and voice chats not working error, among others. Lately, many players are reporting that their game is stuck on the ‘Playing Now’ error. Some players tried waiting for sometimes but the issue didn’t resolve. If you are also experiencing the same issue, here is how you can fix it.
How to Fix Overwatch 2 Stuck on ‘Playing Now’
It has been noticed that Overwatch 2 players usually encounter a “Playing Now” error when developers release a new update and the game is updating currently. However, some players have received this error if they’ve not logged into the game after the new update release.
1. First of all, simply restart your game and check if this simple trick worked.
2. Your poor and unstable internet connection can also cause this issue. So, try fixing connection-related issues and then relaunch the game.
3. One of the classic solutions you can try next is to verify the integrity of game files. This method will ensure the fixing of any missing or corrupted game files. To do this:
– On Steam: Go to Steam Library >> Right-click on Overwatch 2 >> Properties >> Local Files >> Verify integrity of game files
– On Battle.net: From the Battle.Net client, go to All Games and click on Overwatch 2 >> Click on the Gear icon next to the update button >> Choose Scan and Repair
4. If that doesn’t work too, try disabling your antivirus or firewall programs as sometimes these programs prevent the game from functioning properly.
5. If nothing worked, try uninstalling the game completely and then reinstalling it.
6. Even after trying all of the above methods, if the issue persists, as a last resort, you can reach out to Blizzard Support for further assistance.
That’s everything you can try fixing Overwatch 2 stuck on the ‘Playing Now’ error.
Read next: How to fix Overwatch 2 stuck on “Applying Update” error.