The PlayStation Network (PSN) is a digital media service provider developed by Sony Interactive Entertainment. This platform provides great games and features for your PS4 and PS5 consoles but like any other gaming platform, PSN also has various bugs and technical glitches. One of the common errors faced by many users is the error code NP-34957-8.
On PlayStation Network (PSN), the error code NP-34957-8 is a server-related error that appears when a user attempts to connect to the PlayStation server.
Let’s find out more about this particular error code and how you can fix it when you get it. Here is a complete guide on how to fix the NP-34957-8 error code on PSN.
How to Fix NP-34957-8 Error Code on PSN
Mostly, the error code NP-34957-8 appears along with the error message – “PlayStation network is currently undergoing maintenance.” Or “There was a problem connecting to the server.” Thankfully, there are a few things you can try to fix. Here is how you can fix the NP-34957-8 Error Code on PSN.
1. First of all, check the current server status of PlayStation Network and make sure there are no server-related issues. If the server is down, the error will get eliminated automatically once their services are back online. Click here to check the current server status of PSN.
2. Simply restart your console and check if the error persists. If it is occurring due to a minor glitch, it will be resolved by restarting your console.
3. The next method to fix this error is to make sure your internet connection is fast and stable. A poor or unstable connection can also cause this error. You can also try using a wired connection as it is more stable and reliable than WiFi.
4. Rebuilding the PS4/PS5 database can also help fix multiple errors including the NP-34957-8. To rebuild the database, turn off the PS console by pressing and holding the power button for several seconds until the system beeps twice. Then, connect the DualSense controller to the PS via USB and press the PS button on the controller. Select Option 5: Rebuild Database and follow the on-screen instructions.
5. If that doesn’t work too, simply turn off your console and unplug its power cable, wait for some time and plug your console back in and restart it. This is also one of the classic and easy methods to try to eliminate any error code on PSN.
That’s all we have to fix the NP-34957-8 error code on PSN.
Read next: How to fix PlayStation error WS-38481-4.