Practically, it is impossible to launch an MMO or any major game without any bugs or technical glitches. New World also has several issues and so many players are keep reporting them. One of the recent issues players are experiencing is – “Steam must be running to play this game. Make sure you are logged into Steam, then try again” & “EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) error”. Sometimes, this error pairs with the “Untrusted system file” error in New World. Many players have no idea why does that happen and how to fix New World Steam must be running to play this game and EAC Error. Below we have provided a few solutions, try it out and see if that helps.
How to Fix New World Steam must be running to play this game and EAC Error
It seems that the main reason for this error to occur is the recent Steam update as, after this update, players have started reporting several other new issues as well. Both of these errors are extremely annoying as it intervenes players from entering the game. To fix New World Steam must be running to play this game and EAC Error, check out some of the possible solutions.
Verify Integrity File
Verifying integrity files is one of the quick and easy solutions you can try to fix New World EAC Error – Steam Must Be Running to Play This Game (Untrusted System File). To do this:
1. Go to Steam
2. Open up the library
3. Find New World Game and Right-click on it >> Select Properties >> Local Files >> and select “Verify integrity of game files” and the system will scan and fix it automatically.
In case, that doesn’t help, try the next solution.
Repair Easy Anti-Cheat
This is another solution and it worked for many players. Here are some simple steps to follow:
1. Go to Steam library and open New World
2. Right-click and open its menu and then select Manage >> Browse local files. Also, you can open C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\New World.
3. Then open up the folder EasyAntiCheat
4. Run EasyAntiCheat_Setup file and select ‘Repair Service’ > Select New World > Launch New World.
5. If that does not open, then right-click on it and select ‘Run as administrator’ and now the game should run smoothly without any issues
Many players have tried this solution and it worked for them. However, some players have also reported that they are still facing the same issue even after performing this method.
In case, if these fixes do not work, you just need to wait for the next new update/patch from the developers.
That’s all for this guide “Steam must be running to play this game. Make sure you are logged into Steam, then try again” & “EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) error”.